Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was Involved in a 3 vehicle crash yesterday, one car fled the scene and wrecked my baby. From the looks of it, its probably totaled. I walked away with a few bruises and scratches. Hopefully insurance comes through and Ill be up and running in no time, might even go for the upgrade to the K900, we will see

Attachments

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK!! Shame to see such a beautiful car ruined...
It blows my mind that people flee from accidents, unbelievable!
Keep us updated on the status of the Cadenza or if you get a new car!

·
Registered
796 Posts
That sucks man, glad to hear that you are ok though. Also nice to see the car held up fairly well, no damage to the glass or anything. How fast were you going during impact? Any details could help us get a picture of how our cars may fare during a head on collision. Damage doesn't look too bad from just these few pictures, looks like front/rad could be replaced but what do I know from just a glance lol. Glad nothing came out worse.

Also, you may want to trade out that pic for 1 that you put a bar over your license plate #. I would like to think no one would do anything nefarious with what little info there is there but I'd also like to think people wouldn't kill each other either...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going about 40-50 mph before I slammed on the brakes before impact, other than frontal damage the car held up pretty well, no glass breakage at all.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Glad the car was the only thing hurt!

I've seen insurance companies not total cars with damage like that before, so you might get "lucky"...

Depends on how bad the front end damage is frame wise, but either way, keep us posted!

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
check out the new 2016 K900 if the insurance does you justice.
glad your ok.
What insurance company do you have?
My old insurance company would have sent me some
gum and duct tape saying it would be fine.
I took out the extra insurance on my K900 so if that
gets totaled it is paid for totally and I get $5000.00
extra toward a new car on top of that.
I don't have that on the Cadenza.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeah, depending on features, that car's bluebook (retail) is upwards of $26,000...you'd have to have close to $18000 worth of repairs before the insurance co would consider totaling it out.

Glad you're ok!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Looking closer, you barely hit that car, looks like you got well under it as opposed to bumper to bumper hit, hence all the top end damage. Fenders didn't' even tweak, he||, the Headlights even look like they didn't move much or at all. You're probably right at about $5-6000 in repairs max.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The appraiser amounted the visible repairs close to 10,000 right now, so Ill have to wait for the shop to get the front completely disassembled to see if there is any hidden damages

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So my insurance company ended up totaling the vehicle out after some hidden damages were found. Once they got the front end apart they discovered the motor pushed back off the mounts so the the repair bill skyrocketed to 15,000. Great news though I already got a new vehicle a little of an upgrade but same model. 2015 Cadenza Premium with Sunroof option, will post pics later.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeah, it's a good thing they paid you outright. Because if the damage was that extensive you don't want to rely on the shop to get that thing drive worthy...because they couldn't.

Out of curiosity, (if you're willing to share) what was the buyout for the retail value plus tax for the car?

Interesting to know that what looked like a relatively reparable hit turned out not to be, I wouldn't have guessed from the initial pictures.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I was quoted at around 22,500 for the buy out for the car which was around ballpark of what I was looking for considering the mileage and all about 33,000 on the dash

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
So I was quoted at around 22,500 for the buy out for the car which was around ballpark of what I was looking for considering the mileage and all about 33,000 on the dash
That's not bad, that's a little less than what I owe on our 2014 Premium w/ 24k miles, but I have gap coverage on it because of that reason.

Glad to hear they took care of you, also glad the car took care of you in the wreck too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts