Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my Cadenza 3 moths. Has anyone noticed a distortion or blured view as you look to the right through the windshield from the drivers seat or to the left from passenger seat? You may have to move your head a little to see if car is not moving.

On my 3rd windshield all OEM from Kia and all have the problem in different places.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Have my Cadenza 3 moths. Has anyone noticed a distortion or blured view as you look to the right through the windshield from the drivers seat or to the left from passenger seat? You may have to move your head a little to see if car is not moving.

On my 3rd windshield all OEM from Kia and all have the problem in different places.
Sorry to hear that. I don't have this issue. That seems really strange....:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
What ever happened with this? I just purchased a 2014 Cadenza and I am experiencing the same issue with the windshield... it's almost as if the glass is warped, but you can't really see that just by looking at it. It gives me the sense that I am wearing glasses that are too strong of a prescription - almost dizzying.

·
Registered
739 Posts
If you place something flat, like a yardstick on the windshield Top to bottom you will find that there is a flat spot down the middle (right to left) but the whole windshield is not flat. Above and below the flat spot the windshield does curve a bit. That flat spot is actually intentional. Depending on where you look in relation to the transition, you will see distortion. Now, of that is in the driving field of view and you are still under warrantee, than you should be able to get it replaced under warrantee. I actually had my windshield replaced under warrantee because the bottom of it wasn't sealed and I was actually getting water intrusion from under the dash on the drivers side...

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you place something flat, like a yardstick on the windshield Top to bottom you will find that there is a flat spot down the middle (right to left) but the whole windshield is not flat. Above and below the flat spot the windshield does curve a bit. That flat spot is actually intentional. Depending on where you look in relation to the transition, you will see distortion. Now, of that is in the driving field of view and you are still under warrantee, than you should be able to get it replaced under warrantee. I actually had my windshield replaced under warrantee because the bottom of it wasn't sealed and I was actually getting water intrusion from under the dash on the drivers side...

Yes I have this problem to, can be very annoying!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have noticed that my windshield area directly in front of the passenger seat lower than higher looks from the Drivers seat that it is dirty and or fogged up .Since I just had my car washed inside and out I thought they simply missed that spot which has been annoying me for months I am not sure its the same issue but next time I take it in for service Ill bring it up

·
Registered
796 Posts
I honestly think this is a symptom of how big and curved our windshield is as well as how the glass is formed at the factory. I think it's pretty much natural, though it does suck. I have OEM glass from Kia as well (replaced after hail strikes). I also have full windshield 50% tint so I've learned to deal with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts