Kia Cadenza Forum banner

Why no Air Intake for K7 Cadenza?

40K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  Ahmed 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have been wondering why K&N does not have air intakes nor filters for the Cadenza?

I would love to hear from Karbon Concepts, if they are willing to make one.

Thanks!

#3 ·
I had purchased this K&N filter for my 2012 kia optima SX. Hadn't got it installed in the optima yet when someone ran in to the back of the optima. That was when I purchased the cadenza. Was just my good luck that the cadenza takes the same filter as the optima.

#4 ·
I too am a little disappointed that no one is making one. The primary reason would just be that it's a new platform, there are probably less than 1,000 on the road currently of which maybe 2% at most would be interested in this type of product. I want one for mine as well, but considering all of the K7 parts I've inventoried and sold next to none of, I'll be honest that I too am a little shy of this particular product.

#21 ·
Through some research I figured out that the intake from a 2014 Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8l v6 would probably work so I kept looking at pictures of the various brands available to find the best value. It is a AF Dynamic intake for a Genesis coupe $150-$200 depending on where you get it. This gives you the outlet piping you need in the correct spots and the maf sensor mount you need as well. It has a lot of parts you will not use but definitely worth the price. It sits at or lower than stock and sounds amazing when the variable valves open up.

#30 ·
How about a 2018?

Hey, I've been looking for a cold air intake system to put in my 2018 Cadenza Tech but I'm striking out. Does anyone know if the Genesis one proposed earlier in this thread would work for the 2017-2019 generation? I had a K&N version in my 2011 Optima SX but performance parts are harder to come by for the Cadenza it seems. Thanks!

Attachments

#32 ·
In the nutshell, costs.

But you can always buy an add-on for your car lah, my proton iriz 2019 also doesn't come with air intake, so i buy one on amazon.

can search: Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata K&N Typhoon Intake System
Here's the Description for the extra intake system:
Built for performance and show, the 69 Series Typhoon™ Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles.
K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing.
K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction resulting in additional power and torque.
Comes with a Million Mile Limited Warranty and are guaranteed to increase horsepower.
Up to 12 HP and 9 ft.lbs TQ Gain. (On 2.0L engines)

Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.