Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been wondering why K&N does not have air intakes nor filters for the Cadenza?

I would love to hear from Karbon Concepts, if they are willing to make one.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
If you just want a replacement, K&N filter, for the stock OEM filter. I have the K&N 33-2448 installed in mine, Haven't looked in to cold air intakes yet but intend to shortly
Cadenza is still to new for most of the listings and products

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
I had purchased this K&N filter for my 2012 kia optima SX. Hadn't got it installed in the optima yet when someone ran in to the back of the optima. That was when I purchased the cadenza. Was just my good luck that the cadenza takes the same filter as the optima.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I too am a little disappointed that no one is making one. The primary reason would just be that it's a new platform, there are probably less than 1,000 on the road currently of which maybe 2% at most would be interested in this type of product. I want one for mine as well, but considering all of the K7 parts I've inventoried and sold next to none of, I'll be honest that I too am a little shy of this particular product.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With some modification could a 2013 genesis 3.8l coupe intake work on the cadenza? I see pictures and want to try but don't want to pay $300 for an experiment. Maybe one of our vendors would try it out? Karbon?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've got a manufacturer that's wanting to get started on Cadenza performance parts, intake first. How much interest would there be?

With some modification could a 2013 genesis 3.8l coupe intake work on the cadenza? I see pictures and want to try but don't want to pay $300 for an experiment. Maybe one of our vendors would try it out? Karbon?

·
Registered
146 Posts
FYI, This is the intake they just finished with for the Forte Turbo. I'm sure ours would look similar, only shorter.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wonder if they are going to tackle the issue of hydrolock and that seems to just be an air intake ram air there doesn't seem to be a shield to keep the air cool

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. With the placement of the intake pipe on these engines, it seems it would require a heat shield of some sort.

I wonder if they are going to tackle the issue of hydrolock and that seems to just be an air intake ram air there doesn't seem to be a shield to keep the air cool

1 - 20 of 33 Posts