Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new and very satisfied owner of a 2014 Cadenza SXL I'm wondering just what Kia's marketing and sales plan for this car (and the K-900) is?

I rarely see either of these cars on the road in NC. (In the last six months 2 sightings for Cadenza, 0 sightings for K-900). I have not seen any Kia advertisements for these cars in a while, nor have I seen any dealer sales advertisements. These cars are tucked away in the "luxury corner" of my dealer's showroom. It's as though dealers would rather be selling some other Kia model.

And yet these are highly capable cars, with excellent reviews, good prices, outstanding styling. At 4,000 miles my Cadenza is trouble-free.

So what's Kia's plan? Trophy cars? Mistakes? Edsel's? Corporate confusion?

Happy to hear your opinion on this.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As a new and very satisfied owner of a 2014 Cadenza SXL I'm wondering just what Kia's marketing and sales plan for this car (and the K-900) is?

I rarely see either of these cars on the road in NC. (In the last six months 2 sightings for Cadenza, 0 sightings for K-900). I have not seen any Kia advertisements for these cars in a while, nor have I seen any dealer sales advertisements. These cars are tucked away in the "luxury corner" of my dealer's showroom. It's as though dealers would rather be selling some other Kia model.

And yet these are highly capable cars, with excellent reviews, good prices, outstanding styling. At 4,000 miles my Cadenza is trouble-free.

So what's Kia's plan? Trophy cars? Mistakes? Edsel's? Corporate confusion?

Happy to hear your opinion on this.
Hi, also in NC here around Lake Norman; which part of the state are you in? I have to agree with all you have written; I bought my 2014 a year ago with all the tech package stuff and still love it with 3200 miles.
I've become good friends with my sales/service folk at Keffer Kia; and they are great to deal with; I've had many conversations with their GM who is as puzzled as we are as to KIA's game plan for both models.
I love my car and it's the best bang for the buck; I've also been driving a loaner new ES350 while other car in for maintenace, and, there is no comparison. The ES has no styling or features, rides, looks, and acts like a Camry ( nothing wrong with either!); just not as nice or good looking as the K7.
The K900 is incredible for the price; better than any other luxury car out there and a steal at nearly 10K off of sticker.
No one I talk to at my dealer really seems to understand what KIA's intentions are at all with either car; my opinion is there is very little back and forth conversation from KIA to their dealers.
It is most odd; but I am happy with mine and get mega compliments all the time; and, around here it's more Jaguars, Lexus, Mercedes, Range Rover, etc.; so go figure!
Glad someone else is curious!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dave,
I live in Mills River NC, just a bit South West of you. Mills River is a small rural town just South of Asheville, recently in the news as the East Coast home of Sierra-Nevada Brewing.

I purchased my Cadenza at Paramount Kia of Asheville. I'll be in to see them next week for my first oil change, and I'll ask their opinion of the "Cadenza marketing plan".

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Dave,
I live in Mills River NC, just a bit South West of you. Mills River is a small rural town just South of Asheville, recently in the news as the East Coast home of Sierra-Nevada Brewing.

I purchased my Cadenza at Paramount Kia of Asheville. I'll be in to see them next week for my first oil change, and I'll ask their opinion of the "Cadenza marketing plan".
Hey Gerry,

Welcome to another North Carolinian; great part of the state you're in. Hopefully not too much snow for you this year. We didn't get any here last year in the Piedmont area so don't know how the Cadenza drives in it; but, I'd bet it's at least as good as other front wheel drivers.

Curious to hear your opinion of Paramount after your service visit; I think my dealer is very dedicated to doing a good job; their only difficulty appears getting the needed support from KIA corporate, engineeers, etc. I know my dealer has been one of KIA's biggest sellers on the east coast. So far, I've only seen one other Cadenza here in my little town and one K900. I did see one in Greensboro a few months back.

I re-badged mine with the K emblems available from K5 Optima Store or Karbon Koncepts; nobody knows the car brand with them on it and it's always mistaken for a Lexus.

Take a look at the K badges available for front, rear, steering wheel, and wheel caps; great looking and reasonable price.

What color did you get?

The Edsel is an apt mention; try to buy one of them restored these days for under $40 thousand!

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
<==== Ex-KIA Sales

The introduction of the k900 wasn't to sell the k900... it was to boost Cadenza sales and that it did... someone walks in wanting to look at the k900 and they switch them to the K7.

worked well... sold the sheet out of the Cadenza's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts