Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

I am hoping for a little guidance. I am looking to pick up a used 2014 Cadenza (prob Premium) mainly because that way someone else took the depreciation hit; yet dealers around here are asking for crazy prices. That said, asking is the operating word. Considering how these cars are selling, the low resale value, the hit these cars are taking, and that the model is being redesigned this year. Also, please keep in mind that I see advertised (and keep seeing in this forum) that you can buy a Cadenza 2014 New for about 25k

What would you pay for a 2014 with low mileage? (around 20k miles) Please tell me if this is what you would pay Out the Door, or as negotiated price (and then you would add taxes and fees).

Thank y'all!!!!

PS: Do not let the things I said here make it sound like I do not like this car, I think it is a jewel :) I was just stating what I consider to be facts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I paid about 25K for mine out the door with 17K miles on it. I got the extended warranty and maintenance so that added a little more to it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
There's a couple good threads in this sub forum, just below this one that had a lot of dialog about pricing, only a couple months old. That said, the 14's are dropping more and more every day, so keep an eye on blue book, and see what happens there. KBB and Edmunds, I use them both, get a little comparable.

There are about 4 different models essentially; Base premium; Premium with Lux, premium with lux/tech, then Limited. I think the sunroof is standard once you get into the Lux package, but it could be an option with the base. Note the obvious difference with base to lux is the analog speedo instead of the upgraded animated LCD, and of course halogen vs HID adaptive headlights, and the rear window retractable screen isn't there for the base. My opinion, go Lux package minimum. Of course the span between base to limited is close to $10,000 new MSRP. So really the point to be made here, can't give you a reasonable price on a car without knowing the specs.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just did my car on Edmunds, premium lux with 15000 miles, retail certified in my zip is $27957, which mine is certified. without cirt it's $26861. When I bought it 4+ months ago the agreed price was $26000 with only 9000 on the ticker. At the time BB was well over $29k, so it was a decent deal. Of course I hear others getting limited's at that price, but noncertified limited's in my area with similar mileage were over $34k and not budging...so I was pleased with my price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid about 25K for mine out the door with 17K miles on it. I got the extended warranty and maintenance so that added a little more to it.
Hey Anthony,
Thank you for the quick reply. How long ago was that? It sounds like a good deal. There is a car by me and they are asking 22k for a base with 15k miles; however, there are dealers which have a new one 2014 for 25k.

I am trying to get the dealer with the used one to go 22 OTD is that unreasonable?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey MadMax,

I saw the threads, I originally posted there, but the post I put was not getting approved and I got antsy :p Sorry.

The concern there was that those were a bit old, and mainly dated to 2014, dealing with a same year car.

As for your final thought, I would love a limited, or at least a lux, since I put a premium on the sunroof, but I would be ok with the base for the right price. I am just wondering as to the big depreciation hitting the cars, and do not want to be under water for too long a time (in case the redesigned cadenza looks as amazing as those spy pics).

Finally, is there a thread that points out the differences in each of the four trim levels? I am very noobish when it comes to base vs lux vs. limited

·
Registered
28 Posts
Piling on MadMax's post, mine is a Premium with Lux, and Certified. I probably should have added that earlier. Good luck with your search. I love the car.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought a 14 Limited SXL last month with 3500 miles on it for $25,600. I looked wide and far and drove 500 miles to pick it up. The dealer had registered it when they used it as a service car and the dealer owner drove it for a while otherwise it was like a new car. Still had all of the new car stickers and stuff on the windows. I feel like I got a good deal. With that said, I think you can find a Premium with under 20k for somewhere around $22k if you look and probably lower. I found my car on carfax.com and I also used cars.com.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hstead, was that OTD? either way that is a magnificent price! There is nothing in that realm by me. I am hoping to get a premium with sunroof, only bc I think the Limited may be out of my price range... :/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gents,

I do not want to seem neither uninterested nor ungrateful, but the administrators are not approving my posts, and despite all my follow up questions, I cannot seem to get the posts up.

I just want to say sorry ahead of time...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Guys,

So. I seem to have located a 2014 Prem with Lux (sunroof and non analog dials) with 15k miles and we are at 23,5k.

What do you think? Can I do better? Should I aim to try and get a limited instead? I was thinking about asking for that to be an OTD price... Thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are about 4 different models essentially; Base premium; Premium with Lux, premium with lux/tech, then Limited. I think the sunroof is standard once you get into the Lux package, but it could be an option with the base.
Hey MadMax, I am looking at two Cadenzas right now, what are the differences between premium with Lux and premium with Lux and tech? I cannot seem to find that anywhere.

The cars seem pretty loaded, and they are not limited. They have double sunroofs vs the panoramic, and no analog dials

·
Registered
762 Posts
From Lux to Lux/w tech I think the differences are adaptive cruse control, the blind spot warning, the extra side radar for warning of cars when backing out of parking spot, and the wheels are 19", little nicer then the 18's, not as good looking as the Limited's which I think are 20's.

Limited will have the LED fogs, special rain retardant glass, and of course premium wheels. I don't think there is much else.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
From Lux to Lux/w tech I think the differences are adaptive cruse control, the blind spot warning, the extra side radar for warning of cars when backing out of parking spot, and the wheels are 19", little nicer then the 18's, not as good looking as the Limited's which I think are 20's.

Limited will have the LED fogs, special rain retardant glass, and of course premium wheels. I don't think there is much else.

Limited are 19's also

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you guys. Changed the SN, because I could not post (despite being at 13 posts) without my comments being approved by a moderator, and it got annoying... It would sometimes take days!

Anyways, what do you think of 24k OTD for a 2014 Prem with Lux (I do not think it is tech based on what MadMax said). It has 15k miles on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up a Smokey Blue w/black interior 2014 Limited with 7700 miles for 27K plus TTL last week. It had cargo net, cargo tray, locks, bumper applique, and splash guards. Very pleased with the car - drove it 850 miles to get home. Pic below is not actual of the car but I don't have any clean pics yet.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts