Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had issues with this? I've had my Cadenza since 2014 and never an issue. Was loading my trunk this morning and happen to look in the well and about 1/4" of standing water was there. We had a pretty big rain yesterday, but very concerned since I have aftermarket amps installed on the sides of the well. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah man, we've just started that discussion in that other thread...seems to me at least that the drain plugs aren't covering enough area around the metal lip that if under any extra external pressure, be it from windspeed under the car, or just splashing up from undernieth hitting the seal directly, I believe water is actually forcing it's way in that way. As the rest of the trunk is very dry...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2014 SXL and had the same issue when it was new. When it rained or after I washed the car there would be water in the spare tire well. I brought it to the dealer and they first said that the KIA emblem on the truck lid was letting water in and sealed the emblem.
That didn't work so brought it back again. This time they said it was the rubber bushing around the trunk lid and that seemed to have fixed the problem. Never had water in the well since then. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2014 SXL and had the same issue when it was new. When it rained or after I washed the car there would be water in the spare tire well. I brought it to the dealer and they first said that the KIA emblem on the truck lid was letting water in and sealed the emblem.
That didn't work so brought it back again. This time they said it was the rubber bushing around the trunk lid and that seemed to have fixed the problem. Never had water in the well since then. Hope this helps you.
Great! That's good to know. I dropped it off this morning at the service dept to have it looked at, so will update everything once I hear from them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also had my friend at his shop look at the underside to make sure my amp screws were sealed (to rule out the possibility) and they were fine. However, he did say that the bottom side of the rubber stoppers that are in the well did not seem sealed at all (were they supposed to be?). He saw that that area underneath the car had what appeared to be some spray coat sealant for the underbody, but that a lot of it was flaked away. He thought this might be another possibility why the water was getting in so easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.