Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had to use the spare tire first time about 2 weeks ago. One thing I noted, there was a lot of water in the basin. I pulled the rubber plug just to see, and it seams as though it's not very stout...I hope it's just that plug in heavy rain that's allowing water to come back up through it. Anyway, I was taking the car to the body shop this morning, (Side swiped) and check the tire since they would likely need it while the wheel is out being repaired and lookie there, more water. I was meticulous to dry it out the last time, and was in some good rain driving the other day.

Anyone else with this problem? I hate to take it in for a whole day if it's just a bad drain plug...

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Hasn't this been an issue with some other members? Maybe I'm getting confused with another KIA platform but I remember reading somewhere about issues with the trunk seals :(
I don't think so, first time I can remember this topic being brought up here.

·
Registered
796 Posts
We've been having quite a bit of rain as of late that I've been driving through. I will have to look at mine as well.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Well, checked mine last night and the two rubber stoppers look good. I don't think any moisture is getting through. I do have a couple of spots of surface rust, but very superficial. I'll just keep an eye on it. Some pics:

Why are there rubber stoppers anyway, wouldn't a solid piece be better?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I thought those rubber stoppers were to drain any water that may get in there. Either that or bail it out and then use towels to soak the rest out.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
****, I don't know how I missed the second stopper...when I get the car back I'll have to check that one on the passenger side. I only saw the one closer to the rear on the drivers side, the opening was so big I didn't figure it needed a second drain hole!!!

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
I thought those rubber stoppers were to drain any water that may get in there. Either that or bail it out and then use towels to soak the rest out.

Seems a little unnecessary though. Can't remember a time where I was carrying an open container of liquid in the trunk - don't think I'd do that anyway because I wouldn't want it to spill.

Seems like it's be better to be sealed.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
In those pictures, if you look closely you can see marks from where you had standing water at one point.

I think this is an issue that the preferred line needs to be made aware of. I will check for water marks tonight.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
In those pictures, if you look closely you can see marks from where you had standing water at one point.

I think this is an issue that the preferred line needs to be made aware of. I will check for water marks tonight.
Hmm, I'm not seeing it. Care to elaborate where you see it?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm, I'm not seeing it. Care to elaborate where you see it?

In this picture of yours, center just to the right of the carpet and inch or so, you can see a line. I think that's what he's referring to, and I would also think it signifies a water stain perhaps. Mine had plenty of water in it, was a little brown not sure if it was rust or just mold. Had a bag full of shop towels down there, they were soaked. I used the remaining try part to clean up the rest. It didn't smell, but then I just cleaned it and went about by business. Figured I'd wait for it to come back before really investigating.

But yeah, I think you've had the issue here too at some point.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I was away on a conference trip, and my car sat at the hotel all weekend. It did rain a little on Friday, and when I checked the area Saturday morning, there was a small puddle of water in the wheel well. I dropped it off this morning at the service dept to have it looked at, so will update everything once I hear from them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.