Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I purchased a 2014 Cadenza Limited on Friday. Because of the dealer location I couldn't do a highway speed test drive. On my way home and since then the last couple of days I have noticed a high frequency vibration at speeds over 50. I don't feel it in the steering wheel as much as I feel it in my seat. The passenger seat has a visible vibration when empty.

I suspect an out of balance wheel. It's a CPO with 36K miles and has new Nexens installed by the dealer during reconditioning for sale. I love the car otherwise and most descriptions of ride here are very smooth. Mines not close to smooth. Contacted the dealer via email this evening (Sunday). Will see what they say.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah, they need to check the balance and alignment. Often the feeling in the seat would imply the rear wheels out of balance...but all 4 should be checked since they put all the new rubber on themselves. Being that it's certified, I'd think they would be required to replace anything, including a bent rim, to smooth this out for you.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, they need to check the balance and alignment. Often the feeling in the seat would imply the rear wheels out of balance...but all 4 should be checked since they put all the new rubber on themselves. Being that it's certified, I'd think they would be required to replace anything, including a bent rim, to smooth this out for you.
Well for one Nexen tires are the world's worst tire besides being poorly made they are noisy but I think you need the tires rebalanced as well as the steering realigned

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had the same problem, expect I caused it. Ran off the edge of the road and done some damage to the rim, so i thought. At between 55-60 the vibration would start. Finally took the rim off after procrastinating for a couple of weeks . The rim actually only had a small scuff, but the tire had split on the back inside edge, which is what was causing the vibration. Driving it for 2.5 weeks on the interstate at 70-80 had caused both front tires to start separating. Replaced the tires, balanced and then an alignment.... No more vibration....

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had an issue on mine and after about 4-6 alignments and wheel balances, 10 tires total (free 1 set of 4(Hankook), then a free pair(Hanook) , then purchased set of Perilli) I could never find the vibration. Everyone said everything was within spec.

I cut my losses and traded in the car before I went crazy

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
I had an issue on mine and after about 4-6 alignments and wheel balances, 10 tires total (free 1 set of 4(Hankook), then a free pair(Hanook) , then purchased set of Perilli) I could never find the vibration. Everyone said everything was within spec.

I cut my losses and traded in the car before I went crazy
I might have missed it, but what'd you end up going with?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I might have missed it, but what'd you end up going with?

I ended up back with a Chevy, 2016 Chevrolet Impala- the kicker was a lifetime warranty on the engine and transmission ( as long as I perform scheduled maintenance)

I hate to admit since I loved the Cadenza but the suspension was a little to stiff for my taste and the vibrations were the deciding factor or trading it in. The Impala is a more bump/pot hole friendly vehicle and more quite. I could not figure out the vibrations. People told me it was the road vibration and is natural but on a freshly paved road it still had a vibration. My Impala does not exhibit the same characteristics.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
I ended up back with a Chevy, 2016 Chevrolet Impala- the kicker was a lifetime warranty on the engine and transmission ( as long as I perform scheduled maintenance)

I hate to admit since I loved the Cadenza but the suspension was a little to stiff for my taste and the vibrations were the deciding factor or trading it in. The Impala is a more bump/pot hole friendly vehicle and more quite. I could not figure out the vibrations. People told me it was the road vibration and is natural but on a freshly paved road it still had a vibration. My Impala does not exhibit the same characteristics.

Nice, the Impala definitely has made some huge improvements over the years, enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.