Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have some split 5-spoke wheels on my Cadenza. They are 18's and I love the look. However, I think a 19 or 20 inch wheel will look better on the Cadenza because it is a long car. Somehow the 18s look small. I really like the look of the Verde Parallax and wanted to get thoughts on upgrading. Would 19s or 20s be better? Thoughts?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the stock 18 rims, I don't think these would look good on our car :/ Also, 19s and 20s give a more harsh ride and are more susceptible to breakage if potholes are a problem in your area like they are here in Indy. Have you thought of painting your calipers with this or getting painted covers? I think that could jazz it up, maybe then it would look more appropriate? Just my opinion :) If you like it go for it! (don't take my comments as me cutting it, just tossing out my opinion) I just personally don't see our car as sporty but I think nice red caliper covers would be nice :) Maybe even purple...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a huge fan of the stock 18 rims, I don't think these would look good on our car :/ Also, 19s and 20s give a more harsh ride and are more susceptible to breakage if potholes are a problem in your area like they are here in Indy. Have you thought of painting your calipers with this or getting painted covers? I think that could jazz it up, maybe then it would look more appropriate? Just my opinion :) If you like it go for it! (don't take my comments as me cutting it, just tossing out my opinion) I just personally don't see our car as sporty but I think nice red caliper covers would be nice :) Maybe even purple...

I don't think the ride would be much firmer moving from 18 to 19. But it should fill in the wheel well much better. If I get 19s, I would consider the MGP caliper covers.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Don't forget if you do 19" wheels, the tire profile will be smaller so the overall dia. will be the same
otherwise the speed read out will be off. Don't think 19" fill the wheel well any more than the 18 s

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think its a personal thing. I agree 19-20" look better but the ride quality is noticeably decreased and therefore not worth it to me when ride quality was a factor in my Cadenza decision.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I love a cush ride...18 is as big as I'd go too. This suspension is pretty stiff, you hit rough road it doesn't sound or feel so good, I can't imagine any decrease in comfort just to get the look of 19's or even 20's. That said, I agree, 19's are better for appearance, they fill the visual space much better. However the wheels you're looking at are minimal metal as it is...add a few more spokes I think you'd have a much better look. That open concept does tend to rice out a car, instead of complement it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Not to brag, well yeah to brag, but I got some '15 Genesis rims, also 18"s that fit very nicely, and because of the look of these from side and diagonal, they actually fill the void almost as though they are a larger diameter, that's what really synched it for me. These wheels fell in my lap for an exceptional price, less then half what after market rims would have run...an additional bonus.

http://www.cadenzaforum.com/forum/n...2-15-genesis-rims-kia-should-take-notice.html

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to brag, well yeah to brag, but I got some '15 Genesis rims, also 18"s that fit very nicely, and because of the look of these from side and diagonal, they actually fill the void almost as though they are a larger diameter, that's what really synched it for me. These wheels fell in my lap for an exceptional price, less then half what after market rims would have run...an additional bonus.

http://www.cadenzaforum.com/forum/n...2-15-genesis-rims-kia-should-take-notice.html

Those Genesis rims do look good. My current wheels are 18x8 too. Again, I'm happy with them, just don't know if it would be worth the price to upgrade to 19 in. Decisions, decisions........:)

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think the 18s look good in the wells, why am I the only 1 that doesn't think they look too small? lol. I don't like our 19s either because of the design of the spokes and the chromy bling bling going on with them. I REALLY like the 18 stock rims lol.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I fought the 18-20 battle with my Cadenza, I test fit/drove 19s and 20s, and while the rim gets bigger, the tire gets smaller. You feel so much more of the road with 20s and a bit more with 19s. I settled on 18s, and just lowered the car to eliminate the wheel gap.

Ultimately I settled on 18x7.5 wheels so I could tuck them more than the stocks allowed. I run 245/45/R18 tires on the new wheels, which is identical to stock, even with an aftermarket coilover setup, I maintained the smooth ride and couldn't be happier. Even now with winter and the stock suspension back on, the 18" wheels look good, and come spring, the wife has given me the OK to put the coilovers back on :)

It's all up to you, but my experience say 18s run the best on the Cadenza (even the stock 19s that came on the chromed out Cadenzas are rougher than my 18s)

Stay Humble.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I fought the 18-20 battle with my Cadenza, I test fit/drove 19s and 20s, and while the rim gets bigger, the tire gets smaller. You feel so much more of the road with 20s and a bit more with 19s. I settled on 18s, and just lowered the car to eliminate the wheel gap.

Ultimately I settled on 18x7.5 wheels so I could tuck them more than the stocks allowed. I run 245/45/R18 tires on the new wheels, which is identical to stock, even with an aftermarket coilover setup, I maintained the smooth ride and couldn't be happier. Even now with winter and the stock suspension back on, the 18" wheels look good, and come spring, the wife has given me the OK to put the coilovers back on :)

It's all up to you, but my experience say 18s run the best on the Cadenza (even the stock 19s that came on the chromed out Cadenzas are rougher than my 18s)

Stay Humble.

Thanks for the feedback. I may just stick with my 18s. Maybe lowering springs is the way to go??

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I may just stick with my 18s. Maybe lowering springs is the way to go??
Either lowering springs, or coilovers, either way you'll get the drop you're looking for to eliminate your wheel gap.

We've got people on here that have both, and are more than happy to answer questions :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Either lowering springs, or coilovers, either way you'll get the drop you're looking for to eliminate your wheel gap.

We've got people on here that have both, and are more than happy to answer questions :)

K5 Optima store carrys Storm Lowering Springs. Says they lower the car a little over an inch front and rear. I'm wondering if that would look good with my wheels which are 18x8? Running stock tires 245/45 18. Would the ride be too harsh? I don't want the car to look ridiculous but I'd like to get rid of most of the wheel gap. Help!!:|

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
K5 Optima store carrys Storm Lowering Springs. Says they lower the car a little over an inch front and rear. I'm wondering if that would look good with my wheels which are 18x8? Running stock tires 245/45 18. Would the ride be too harsh? I don't want the car to look ridiculous but I'd like to get rid of most of the wheel gap. Help!!:|
Check out this thread:

http://www.cadenzaforum.com/forum/k...or-fs-kia-cadenza-storm-lowering-springs.html

You can see MacDogg's Cadenza on the Storm Springs K5OS offers, and further in my Cadenza on the D2 Coilovers K5OS offers.

More pictures on Coilovers here: http://www.cadenzaforum.com/forum/k...cing-rs-series-coilovers-k5-optima-store.html

Either way you go, 18x8 will be fine, you'll get some slight rubbing if you go too low on the coilovers, but springs will be fine. I opted for the coilovers because the style I was looking for, but the Springs are well worth it as well.

David or Paul over at K5OS can answer any other questions if MacDogg and I can't. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts