Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2014 Kia Cadenza. I love it, but, I've had my share of issues. Recently I pulled in the driveway, put the car in PARK. I decided fairly quickly to back up and pull in again - I did that and when I put it back in PARK the screen (not the dash, the radio/navigation screen) suddenly read 'VEHICLE DIANOSTIC' with a 'loading' strip running across the bottom... It has never done that before. No idea how/why it initiated and I can't find any info on it in the owner's manual (just like no info on the trunk 'lock' button in the glove box - learned about THAT the hard way!! 馃檮馃ぃ)
Any idea how/why this initiated? I've had the car about 4 years and never seen this!
Thanks for any help/ideas/explanations!!

Registered
This is just a guess but sometimes (and it seems very random to me) when you put it in park the (electronic) parking brake decides to engage. Maybe, in your case, that's what happened except you immediately put it back in gear while it was trying to engage and got it all confused? I agree that I have never have seen that message nor have I heard of anyone else talking about that exact thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts