Kia Cadenza Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just to let everyone know after the V8 update, The agree still comes up, But if you just ignore it after 10 seconds it goes away

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have to say that the navigation system is pretty slow, especially compared to the nav applications that are available on my phone for free (Google and Waze). I find that I prefer to use my phone nav system, easier to use and more responsive. And I also get Pandora streaming too :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think we all use our phone for certain things, but sometimes it's nice to have it on my screen that i paid for and not down in my cup holder or stuck to my windshield.

i can't believe that Kia took out the added features that they said they'd add on the site. thanks to you guys for taking the hit and buying it to let us know that we should call customer care and complain that the update isn't as advertised.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I will wait one week to see if they address the issue, as I reported it to them.
Then I will file a complaint with the consumer protection Agency and the BBB.
By the way The company is Hyundai MnSOFT from Irvine,CA. They are not
accredited by the BBB.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Got a call back from mapnsoft ,Timothy, their response was " we don't furnish support for the map update". We will how ever send your information to the maker of the navigation head unit.
Appears they just advertise something then tell me "it doesn't say right out that Pandora and my car zone is in the update" I ask them then what is the update to Audio and update to UVO you advertise. They are the only things that show which aren't already on the software before the update.
They will get back to me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think we all use our phone for certain things, but sometimes it's nice to have it on my screen that i paid for and not down in my cup holder or stuck to my windshield.

i can't believe that Kia took out the added features that they said they'd add on the site. thanks to you guys for taking the hit and buying it to let us know that we should call customer care and complain that the update isn't as advertised.
I use a magnetic mount that slides into the CD slot, it makes using my phone really nice (easy to quickly mount when I get into the car) and doesn't obstruct my windshield or take up a cup holder. With my Nexus I didn't even need to use anything for the magnetic mounting.

InfiniApps Slyde CD Mount - $24.95

I too would like to use the Nav system from Kia, but I really find my Google Nav and Waze far superior in function, having the ability to use voice to navigate and real time traffic on my phone just tops the cake. It drives me totally nuts how slow the Kia navigation is. For $299 more I'll just stick with my phone.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Got a call back from mapnsoft ,Timothy, their response was " we don't furnish support for the map update". We will how ever send your information to the maker of the navigation head unit.
Appears they just advertise something then tell me "it doesn't say right out that Pandora and my car zone is in the update" I ask them then what is the update to Audio and update to UVO you advertise. They are the only things that show which aren't already on the software before the update.
They will get back to me.
Unbelievable Gene - truly poor customer service and aren't standing behind what they sell. Why do they say on the website "- Improved Audio Function" with a picture of Pandora right underneath it? And "My Car Function (Curfew, Speed GeoFence PIN setup" with a picture underneath it? False advertising if you ask me.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Yooshaw
Your right about false advertising, and if it isn't resolved by Hyundai MnSOFT I'll file a complaint with the consumer protection agency.
Don't want to jump the gun just yet. Got a message this morning, copy of message sent. MnSOFT sent a message to korean counter part who worked on software. reference to Microsoft 12.0.
Must be that is the software version used for the interface. will let you know what happens. I think there are two different versions of the navigation head unit for 2014 and the first ones are screwed. They could have noted that there are differences in what the update would do in the different versions.
I wouldn't have purchased it.
Does your software version start with VG_MTS.USA or VG.USA

·
Registered
859 Posts
Gene - Mine is MTS, yours?

I thought back and remembered this post from jdvidal90. Looks like the Kia rep he talked to was right. Maybe the Cadenza hotline can shed more light?

Gene, thanks for the advice! Called the service number and they were amazing. Offered to give it to me for free but decided not to solely because the few street additions wouldn't even affect my area anyways. They said this wouldn't include a Pandora option as it hasn't been released for the Cadenza yet.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
yooshaw
mine is the VG_MTS also. I did find out the 2015 has Pandora and the soft ware version is VG.USA not MTS

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I was told the VG version wouldn't work if we had the MTS version to start with, but you might be right.
MnSOFT doesn't have any idea what they are doing any way. It is owned by HYUNDAI

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was told the VG version wouldn't work if we had the MTS version to start with, but you might be right.
MnSOFT doesn't have any idea what they are doing any way. It is owned by HYUNDAI
I just read today that Hyundai is one of the auto cos to begin using the new Apple auto interface and they have a video example to play. I believe it was on CNet . Perhaps Mapnsoft is not long for this world!

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
yooshaw
So far all I got is a reply from KIA telling me Pandora and my car zone will not work on my 2014 cadenza. No reply yet from mapnsoft on the issue. Yes I saw that they changed the web site.
Update is a waste with out those features, would never do it again. Should hear from them this week, I'm asking for my money back. Will give them the $40.00 for the card

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kia also offered me the same. I can order it and send them my receipt and they will give me a full refund. Only thing is it takes up to a month to receive.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts