Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The V8 map update is finally up for order. If you register with them you don't need an authentication code as everything is in the sd card already.
Make it easy on yourself and check the information from nav unit before you start. you need vin number, S/W ver, (VG or VG-MTS), and device ID

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Gene. I'll going to check with my neighbor who a Hyundai tech who just switched from KIA a couple of months ago and see if can get it for me cheaper. I just can't bring myself to pay $40 dollars for a $5 sd card on top of the $149.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked with my kia dealer and they wanted $299.00 to install it for me. The dealer uses the same sd card over and over, All they have to do is get the activation code for your car.
each car has a unique code to activate the update, because it depends on your vin number and the Device ID for your nav unit.
I want to see just what upgrades it give us and if anyone thinks it is worth it after they install and use it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nope, not gonna buy it. I'll just use my tablet for GPS/Pandora/EVERYTHING! You can buy a tablet for less than what they are asking for, and it does more than that little sdcard. Just an idea to everyone out there.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Brandon -

I agree. What put me over the top though was the shipping charge. $14 to ship an SD card, really!!?? Easily under $3 with USPS.

I think upgrading every two years or so would make sense. I love the clean look of NOT having a phone/gps with a mount sitting on the dash/windshield. Or, waiting for a sale. Understand Mapnsoft does a half off sale every so often.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The version is based on the last three numbers , the new version for mine is ending in 004.
map ver usa 07.43.43.004, Is the whole number for mine
KIA Cadenza does have a S/W ver VG and a VG-MTS version. Don't know what the difference is.
I'd say your version is not up to date as the update only came out yesterday.
Call your dealer and ask them why your map isn't up to date. Tell them you think they should update it for you free

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the dealership doesn't agree to help, call the cadenza owner customer service phone number 1-855-542-7733. Tell them about just buying the cadenza . It isn't but a week old and needs an update, ask them to have it updated for you. They have been good about helping with some things, Sounds like they should help with this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gene, thanks for the advice! Called the service number and they were amazing. Offered to give it to me for free but decided not to solely because the few street additions wouldn't even affect my area anyways. They said this wouldn't include a Pandora option as it hasn't been released for the Cadenza yet.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
jdvidal90
I think Pandora for cadenza has been released, will check mine tonight and let you know.
it will be late tonight before I can check. here are also other updates to audio, and UVO.
Maybe yours already have these, but if no Pandora on yours don't think the other update are on it to
If you want to see all the changes go to www.mapnsoft.com . Select the cadenza and you will see
there are a lot of changes. I'd then call the cadenza customer service again and tell them all the
changes you are getting screwed out of. The map update is a small part of the update.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's who KIA and Hyundai use. I think it might be part of Hyundai.
Did you see the changes to the system and UVO

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called mapnsoft about the update. There is no Pandora or my car zone to the update like the web page shows. Everything under the audio and the UVO updates are missing

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes I got the update and unless they correct what is missing it's a waste of money. I took a photo of the media page which should show Pandora and sent it to them as they ask.
I re downloaded the uvo eservices app to my phone thought maybe a new app. no such luck still no my car zone shows up.
I don't really see any new UVO update or audio update like on the web site

·
Registered
841 Posts
Wow Gene, I'd be furious. If they don't fix it, I'd demand my money back. By the pictures they posted, clearly we thought Pandora and the My Car Zone was included. Does the map and routing have the updates that are on the website (updated UI, improved search on one screen, etc)?

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The UI was updated, but not enough to matter.
the map user interface was updated, things just moved around.
I do like the address screen update
POI search is OK but the original wasn't bad
I don't see any upgrade to the audio, it's the same as it was, no Pandora no new phone compatibility that I see. mine already did the auto time zone update.
There are no new UVO eservice enhancements in the update I got
No my car zone, which was the main thing I wanted. Grand daughter coming to live with us and I wanted that on the car for her.
I do see that there are two different software versions for the 2014 cadenza, mine is the VG_MTS version and they have a VG version. which one you get depends on the software version already installed in the car. don't know what the difference is
Not worth it with out the enhancements they show on the web site.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts