Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017!Cadenza SXL

What exactly is UVO?

1. is it like Hyundai BlueLink?
2. Is it like GM OnStar?
3. Is it like the Mercedes version?

Reason I ask is all three of the above are set up by pushing a button on the car overhead

Did not want my BlueLink so I had them unsubscribe me. (But I knew what it did).

OnStar is a paid subscription. Don’t want it except for “Traffic Link” which MUST be purchased from OnStar, not SiriusXM.

Tried to figure out UVO, but it’s not like touching a button on the overhead to activate, like the three above. Have to be a Rocket Scientist to figure out how to activate through the UVO app. (Not that I’d really want it anyway -just want to see what is in there and if it is useful to me). I did see somewhere while I was trying to activate that it offers Travel Link and Navigation, but I already have Travel Link through SiriusXM and Navigation already built in plus Google Maps, Apple Maps and Waze through Apple Play.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
It gives you access to your own points of interest/directions for navigation, vehicle health/maintenance information and not much else of any real use.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there such a thing as “Parking Location” in UVO?
I think I read somewhere that you can find where you parked (like you are going to forget) or something about finding a parking place. Either way it’s not something I would ever use.

I ask this question because every time I shut the ignition off, I get the message that says
“Parking Location Transmission Is Off”.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think it's called Parking Minder and it saves your cars location on your UVO app so you can find your car again later. You know, for when you park your car 100 miles away from the mall during Christmas... that's the idea anyway...I've never used it either, lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts