Kia Cadenza Forum banner

USB Drive Song Limitation?

10K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ragg 
#1 ·
Just purchased a new 2014 that was still on the dealer lot. Have a question about using a USB Thumb Drive with music files. I loaded approximately 11,000 songs to a 128 GB drive which works fine in my other car (Ford C-Max) and also reads fine on my PC. It is formatted to FAT32. When I put it in the Cadenza, I can only see roughly the first 7400 songs in alphabetical order, such that the R through Z folders aren't displayed.

I called Kia Premium Support, and they were pretty clueless about any limitation regarding the number of files, indicating that there wasn't one. I also have a portable hard drive with the exact same files on it, and when I plugged it in, I again didn't see all of my music files.

Has anyone experienced this same thing?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
It is a lot of music, but it's just easier for me to run a simple backup of everything rather than pick and choose what to copy. It's true, I only really listen to a fraction of what is on there.

I ended up using an old 120 gb iPod Classic that I had laying around. It appears that the only limitation is how many songs I can load on the iPod. Of course, it's not getting any younger, and Apple discontinued them, so could be an issue down the line.

11,000 songs? Hmm, 4 minutes each for a total of 733.3 hours, 30.5 days.
8,000 songs at 4 minutes is 533.3 hours, 22.2 days.
That's a lot of music. I think I have 12 songs copied to the internal drive and one album on my phone for BT connection. I like to listen to the same stuff, :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.