Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I have a 2017 Cadenza I recently purchased as CPO. I took it in for its first oil change since owning the car. On the way home I hear a loud scraping sound and discovered my under engine shield has come loose and is now damaged. I was traveling at freeway speed.

Here's the thing. I am trying to figure out if coincidence or negligence is at play. While conducting an oil change and multipoint inspection is there any reason for the engine shield to be removed? If yes, then the service department is negligent if not weird inexplicable coincidence.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also recently purchased a 2017 Simited. Although I have not actually looked under the car (dealer gives me free oil and filter changes) I know that some cars have a small accessory opening in the belly pan for both the oil change and filter change. Don’t know if my Cadenza is like that because the Cadenza uses a Cartridge Filter, not a Spin On Filter.

my 2015 Sonata 2.0T did not have the accessory opening, but my 2018 (almost identical) Sonata 2.0T did have the accessory opening.

BTW. I’m now a late believer of belly pans.
1. Read where someone ran over something that flipped up into engine compartment (no belly pan) and broke the serpentine belt.
2. A few weeks ago, with my other car, driving in the hardest rainstorm I’ve ever driven through, a truck in next lane and in front of me, drove through a large puddle, splashing a LOT of water onto my car. Even with wipers on full, windshield was like I was driving under water, for two or three seconds. Belly pan kept water from getting up into engine compartment.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would most definitely go back to the dealer about this! There would have to be so many plastic rivets removed for this to happen that if, and this is a big if, it didn't happen at the oil change/inspection then they absolutely missed it during their CPO inspection!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts