Kia Cadenza Forum banner

Transmission problems?!?!?

25K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Emilio J 
#1 ·
Has anyone here experienced or heard of transmission issues with the Cadenza?

I read a thread on the Optima Forums that one of the members (in Texas) had a discussion with a Kia salesman wherein the salesman basically "warned" him that virtually every Cadenza (two out of three) that he has sold has come back with trans problems. Some before the 1000 mile point.:mad:

I don't know how true this is, but it would certainly be of concern to present and future buyers if the matter exists.

This may be a rumor or maybe truth. I just wanted to see if any of you can substantiate it.

Thanks!

John

#3 ·
Yea, that was an interesting statement to make on the salesmens behalf. I don't blame Drew for posting his conversation but it's kind of ridiculous in my mind (again, not on Drew's side) that the salesmen said that. Something about that sounds fishy. I work with A LOT of dealerships and I haven't heard even a WHIFF of issues occurring with the Cadenzas.

#8 ·
I went over to the Optima forum to read the thread on Cadenza transmissions. I haven't gotten my Cadenza yet, but I'm not worried. As Will says, it's been made since 2009, although newly introduced to the US. And you would think that if it had transmission problems, it would be more widely reported.

When I bought my Mitsu Diamante, there were a string of posts on some of the forums about the Diamante having rotors that warped easily. 14 years later, and I have never had that problem, or any major problem, other than the car becoming obsolete.

And I'm looking forward to many trouble-free years with the Cadenza.

#14 ·
Transmission issue

I have a 2014 Cadenza SXL with 12k on it. I drove the car about 20 minutes and parked. Then got in, started it and placed it into reverse. LOUD BANG !! Car lurched backward ... and then I stopped. I placed it into drive. LOUD BANG !! Car jumps forward !! Now car shows stuck in 4th gear only when in drive. I can't manually change the gear either.
Called the KIA roadside number and they picked it up. I guess we will see....:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.