Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well age does not necessarily translate into wisdom.:nerd As I was coming out of my carport I sideswiped the wall and voila a passenger side mirror that will cost me $,1,800 to replace, paint and install. Thankfully I have insurance with only a $250 dollar deductible . You can see the pictures below . The moral of the story is two-fold One is to have an excellent insurance company secondly having an Excellent Kia dealership . Firstly in BC we have Gov't mandated insurance through the Provinces own insurance company .You can buy the basic which is the liability ( US nomenclature) and private for the rest or all of it from the Crown corporation .I always use private just because I like private and it is surprise surprise less $ . My insurance company didn't want me to use Kia but one of their preferred auto body shops but I insisted . They said the claim will be slower( BS) . Anyways I digress .I took the car into Vancouver Kia and Jonathan their service manager was amazing . He said he needed to take some pictures for the insurance company ( the claim had already started ) and when he came up to the customer lounge about 30 minutes and took me to the car I actually thought he had put on the new mirror . He had reattached bits and pieces and made the mirror 100% functional except for the signal indicator which was smashed . I have seen horror stories on this site about the service but thiis dealership both for purchasing and servicing is amazing .

Attachments

· Registered
133 Posts
oh, ouch! I've come so close to doing the same thing with my garage door; those mirrors are great but so big! Sounds like you have a great dealer as well; we have to hope the KIA dealers will continue to improve as their cars have.

Great temporary fix; it will soon look brand new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.