Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking my tires last couple days and the tread has worn down very fast. The Hankook Optimo 426 rated at 60k miles although all the reviews i found said their tires have worn down vast as well. I only have 25k miles but they just seem to of worn out way to quickly. I was curious if anyone else is having this problem?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife's Sonata had those tires from the factory and they were done at 24000 miles...I have 6500 miles and I'd guess mine will be about the same. The roads suck and that really does not help I'm sure.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Driving style and average weight capacity plays a roll in tire wear too. If you're car is always full of passengers, or you like to take turns hard, even without breaking loose or roasting tires, you are going to lose tread depth quicker then a 100lb grandma driver that never has passengers or cargo.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is usually always just me driving to school and work. But I took it to Kia and they said I should have about 5k to 10k left. I wasn't satisfied so I took them to 6 different tire places and all of them said my back tires were in the red of their reading and yellow in the front. Since the tires are low profile I guess they just wear out even though they were rated at 60k. So I just went ahead and switched them out to some Michelins that were 60k rated and by Consumer Reports.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was checking my tires last couple days and the tread has worn down very fast. The Hankook Optimo 426 rated at 60k miles although all the reviews i found said their tires have worn down vast as well. I only have 25k miles but they just seem to of worn out way to quickly. I was curious if anyone else is having this problem?
I just bought a 2020 brand new Technology Cadenza at only have 12,500 miles. My back tire blew out yesterday (hence why I'm on here searching). Both my back tires were completely bald and worn to the wire mesh. I am not sure if this is an alignment problem with the Cadenza. I had a 2014 which had similar issues but not 12 miles worn bald like this 2020.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 2020 brand new Technology Cadenza at only have 12,500 miles. My back tire blew out yesterday (hence why I'm on here searching). Both my back tires were completely bald and worn to the wire mesh. I am not sure if this is an alignment problem with the Cadenza. I had a 2014 which had similar issues but not 12 miles worn bald like this 2020.
See my recent post ‘Tire wear’. I think this goes a long way to answering my problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts