Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Cadenza, I bought it in early 2020 with 5000 miles on it - it was a lease turned in early. I don’t do a lot of miles so it was only about a month ago, at 10,000 miles that I put it in for tire rotation. WHanKooK tires. As soon as I got it back I could hear tire whine that was not there before. After a week I took it back to the tire shop, which also does alignments and they showed me some strange wear on the edge of the tires from the back. They had checked and the alignment seemed ok. The only solution. Was to swap the tires back and the whine went away.
Questions are, why and where do I go from here, new tires might just go the same way.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Personally, I hated the Hankook's that came with my '14. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. Though that took until 46,000 miles until they were sufficiently low on tread to be replaced. You're gonna need to rotate those tires at some point. Maybe try cross rotation? Back right to front left, etc. Otherwise, when you decide to rotate next time, guess you'll have to see how long it takes them to stop whining or excessive wear happens. Then you can figure out if it was alignment or just weird tires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shop checked the alignment so I guess it’s weird tires. This is a luxury car and road noise is not welcome ! I’m tempted to rip’em off and fit Michelins. However the monsters on my Expedition cost about $400 each.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ditch the stock tires. Also, I have a lifetime alignment at firestone, Every-time i get it checked they have to make adjustments. Every time, every car I've ever owned, they need tweaking all the time. That's why I swear by the lifetime. I can tell the difference every time too. For the shop to say it's "fine" after identifying uneven wear on the tires, doesn't sound right.

But Yeah, ditch the tires. I go with Bridgestone Quiettrack tires now. Long life, great wet and dry, and super quiet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They did give me the option of replacing the two worn tires, but as the main body was practically new tread, I decided to just put them back on the back to remove the excessive tire whine while I gave more thought what to do.
I‘d hate it to be a design problem, spend a $1000 on new tires and have the same thing happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Cadenza, I bought it in early 2020 with 5000 miles on it - it was a lease turned in early. I don’t do a lot of miles so it was only about a month ago, at 10,000 miles that I put it in for tire rotation. WHanKooK tires. As soon as I got it back I could hear tire whine that was not there before. After a week I took it back to the tire shop, which also does alignments and they showed me some strange wear on the edge of the tires from the back. They had checked and the alignment seemed ok. The only solution. Was to swap the tires back and the whine went away.
Questions are, why and where do I go from here, new tires might just go the same way.
Go to a Kia dealer and see what they say. You should not be having this problem. I had hankooks. It’s not the tires. It’s mechanical

1 - 6 of 6 Posts