Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadenza Luxury Package.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently in the planning stages of fixing up my Cadenza. One of the things I’m going to try do deal with is fading on the two plastic pieces on the roof bordering the moonroof (the Florida sun takes no prisoners). Is there anything I can use to fix this, or am I stuck with replacing them? Doesn’t look cracked just pretty faded
Car Vehicle Sky Hood Window

Sky Cloud Building Automotive carrying rack Hood

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
I’m currently in the planning stages of fixing up my Cadenza. One of the things I’m going to try do deal with is fading on the two plastic pieces on the roof bordering the moonroof (the Florida sun takes no prisoners). Is there anything I can use to fix this, or am I stuck with replacing them? Doesn’t look cracked just pretty faded View attachment 7836
View attachment 7837
Yeah, just get it wrapped. Take it to a tint/wrap shop and say you want those pieces wrapped. I had the same problem and I took it to my local tint shop and they were able to wrap it without taking any pieces of the car off. I've had those pieces wrapped for ~3 years, no issues.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Honestly, I thought they were glass like the rest of the roof but I guess not. Wrapping sounds like an excellent idea!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I use a Plexiglas polish. It's a Meguiars product, used it for years. polished the chrome and lenses all around the car too. Takes off oxidation leaves no scratches. The strips you're talking about, it's a bit of a chore to clean up the first time, but after that, take a couple minutes polish them about 3-4 times a year right before you wash the car, and they will stay like new. 2014 and mine still look like glass. Although i also use garage a lot and park in the shade at work. Helps prolong the life of any car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.