Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a 2014 Cadenza. I believe it is the Premium model, but with the luxury and technology package. Is there a difference between having both packages compared to the limited model?

Anyway, It is $14,000 with 117,000 miles. Is that worth it? I understand used cars are expensive right now, so this doesn't seem like a terrible value for what the market is. The most recent services that the deanship got done include, fuel pump control module, ignition coil, and spark plugs. The CarFax looks like it got maintainced pretty well and often which makes me feel good, but I don't know specifically what I should be looking for. So if you have suggestions on what to look for, I would love to hear it.

Also, what could I get the dealer to include to sweeten the deal for me? I saw something about getting an updated SD for the car, but I have no clue what that really entails or the process to do so.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a 2014 Cadenza. I believe it is the Premium model, but with the luxury and technology package. Is there a difference between having both packages compared to the limited model?

Anyway, It is $14,000 with 117,000 miles. Is that worth it? I understand used cars are expensive right now, so this doesn't seem like a terrible value for what the market is. The most recent services that the deanship got done include, fuel pump control module, ignition coil, and spark plugs. The CarFax looks like it got maintainced pretty well and often which makes me feel good, but I don't know specifically what I should be looking for. So if you have suggestions on what to look for, I would love to hear it.

Also, what could I get the dealer to include to sweeten the deal for me? I saw something about getting an updated SD for the car, but I have no clue what that really entails or the process to do so.

Thanks so much!
Here is a screenshot of the windowsticker
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
316 Posts
Honestly, I don't know all the specifics between trims but I have the highest and all your equipment is the same as what I have except I don't see mention of driver's ventilated seat. Maybe I missed it as it seems like it should be included in the luxury package. I love all the options mine has and I use them all a lot of the time.

The price, however, seems very high to me. I realize I may be out of touch a bit with what today's used cars are bringing, but my car has about 105k miles on it and I promise no one is giving me $14k for it! In fact, I'd say closer to $7-$8k. I know the dealer has to make some money on it so we'll say they give me $8k and sell it for $10k and that's plenty of used car profit for a nearly flawless vehicle. Is that car in flawless condition? Cracks in the driver's seat, light paint scratches, windshield clear and without road haze (lots of miles on the glass), etc?

As far as things to look out for...these cars had almost no issues as a whole. Individuals had a few common themes crop up like cracked front springs in 2014 and 2015 models but you'd know that immediately and if it hasn't happened by 100k it's not going to happen. Some people had the steering wheel volume switch break (me included) but that's not too expensive and again hasn't happened yet, probably won't. Most common issues are sunroof creaks over uneven pavement like when pulling out of your driveway diagonally (there is a TSB fix for the noise), the upper valve train rattle upon cold start for about 5 seconds (there is a TSB to address this but doesn't fix most cars - again including mine), and several people have (eventually) found out that their windshield was not properly sealed all the way around from the factory and letting in rain water to different levels of severity. You don't want to buy a new windshield if you don't have to - they are $1500. Some people had them successfully removed and resealed properly when reinstalled. Most who found this, found water near their left foot in the drivers side footwell.

I can't think of any other reported problems really.

It's a great car and almost everyone who owns one, loves it. I hope you can reduce the price by a lot and also get to enjoy it! Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly, I don't know all the specifics between trims but I have the highest and all your equipment is the same as what I have except I don't see mention of driver's ventilated seat. Maybe I missed it as it seems like it should be included in the luxury package. I love all the options mine has and I use them all a lot of the time.

The price, however, seems very high to me. I realize I may be out of touch a bit with what today's used cars are bringing, but my car has about 105k miles on it and I promise no one is giving me $14k for it! In fact, I'd say closer to $7-$8k. I know the dealer has to make some money on it so we'll say they give me $8k and sell it for $10k and that's plenty of used car profit for a nearly flawless vehicle. Is that car in flawless condition? Cracks in the driver's seat, light paint scratches, windshield clear and without road haze (lots of miles on the glass), etc?

As far as things to look out for...these cars had almost no issues as a whole. Individuals had a few common themes crop up like cracked front springs in 2014 and 2015 models but you'd know that immediately and if it hasn't happened by 100k it's not going to happen. Some people had the steering wheel volume switch break (me included) but that's not too expensive and again hasn't happened yet, probably won't. Most common issues are sunroof creaks over uneven pavement like when pulling out of your driveway diagonally (there is a TSB fix for the noise), the upper valve train rattle upon cold start for about 5 seconds (there is a TSB to address this but doesn't fix most cars - again including mine), and several people have (eventually) found out that their windshield was not properly sealed all the way around from the factory and letting in rain water to different levels of severity. You don't want to buy a new windshield if you don't have to - they are $1500. Some people had them successfully removed and resealed properly when reinstalled. Most who found this, found water near their left foot in the drivers side footwell.

I can't think of any other reported problems really.

It's a great car and almost everyone who owns one, loves it. I hope you can reduce the price by a lot and also get to enjoy it! Good luck!
Thank you! Looking at pictures of the car, it does include the Drivers ventilated seat! Here is the website that includes the 30 pictures of the car Used 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited for Sale in st. louis MO 63123 Autoplex of Affton. Everything seems in great shape, only one accident which was only cosmetic. The KBB value for it is listed between $12,340-14,537. I would defiantly want to try and negotiate the price, especially with a higher downpayment and good credit, but I don't think I'll be able to get it anywhere under $12,500

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sorry, I meant passengers ventilated seat and looking at the pictures, it doesn't include it. That's the only single option I can see missing...very interesting. Grey is a very rare color, even amongst a rare car. The pictures don't show great details but from what I can see, it looks pretty nice. You need to drive and inspect to see and feel for yourself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I meant passengers ventilated seat and looking at the pictures, it doesn't include it. That's the only single option I can see missing...very interesting. Grey is a very rare color, even amongst a rare car. The pictures don't show great details but from what I can see, it looks pretty nice. You need to drive and inspect to see and feel for yourself.
Yeah, I plan on test driving tomorrow, and if all goes well making an offer. I just wanted to check out what this forum had to say first. It sucks having to pay this much for a car, but I wanted something nice and that is reliable. Based on what I've looked into the cadenza seems to fit both of those. As far as the windshield goes, I recently saw something that Kia is recalling all 2014-2016 Cadenza vehicles due to "inadequate windshield bonding". I'm trying to find some more details about it but it only came out this week so there isn't much more information.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow! I guess better late than never...like almost 10 years later, LOL

Reactions: andrewschu44

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Thanks so much!
Little expensive but with the market right now probably not too bad. I bought my 2014 in April of 2021 for 14,500 with 71k

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little expensive but with the market right now probably not too bad. I bought my 2014 in April of 2021 for 14,500 with 71k
Thanks for the reply. Yeah it sucks having to pay this much for so many miles... However, since it's over the 100,000 mile mark they did all of the maintenance I listed above, as well as new rotors. So at least it will be in good shape. Should be buying this week.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Without the passenger vented seats, it's the first run of the 2014's, likely released in mid 2013. So it's been on the road for a while. It sounds like the dealership is trying to make a little back with all the maintenance they had to do...makes up for the high price in my opinion. It's a tough time to buy, ideally if you get it, she stays reliable for at least another 80k miles...Also, they are advertising it as a Limited, it's not. It does not have the upgraded leather or the LED Fogs. Also missing 4 camera view...pretty sure the limited from 2014 on up had the surround view...not 100% on that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
No, my 2014 does not have the overhead view. I have the reverse lines (moving? I can't remember) but that's as far as any 2014 went with reverse camera features.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

Thanks so much!
I bought a 2014 Cadenza when they came out. I LOVE this car! I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Never had a problem with it and have no intention of selling it. I was told by one of the service techs that this was an excellent model which was never equaled by the new models made to replace it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you! Looking at pictures of the car, it does include the Drivers ventilated seat! Here is the website that includes the 30 pictures of the car Used 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited for Sale in st. louis MO 63123 Autoplex of Affton. Everything seems in great shape, only one accident which was only cosmetic. The KBB value for it is listed between $12,340-14,537. I would defiantly want to try and negotiate the price, especially with a higher downpayment and good credit, but I don't think I'll be able to get it anywhere under $12,500
keep looking. 117000 miles and you’re in for possible major problems. unless you absolutely positively need to buy this car keep searching. onlyjeeps is pretty much on the mark. my 2014 had close to 100k and the ac went. $1000. Tires, brakes and rotors and 100000 mile tuneup. you will find one that has less miles if you are patient. you worked hard for that $14500. spend it wisely.

·
Registered
2014 Cadenza Luxury Package.
16 Posts
Here is a screenshot of the windowsticker View attachment 7854
Unless this had the injectors serviced, which it might need again with the mileage, wait until the prices drop, then purchase one. Cadenzas, especially first gens, aren't worth that price unless they have low mileage, like 30k or below. Before this fiasco of high car prices started, my car was worth 6-8k with 65k miles, it is mid trim albeit. And unless this was consistently serviced every few thousand miles, I would definitely wait until the prices drop and then make my decision from there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
A few of you are talking about a lot about lots of service to this car? What service? I've had mine sine almost new at 12k miles and have done next to nothing to my car! No problems what so ever! No injectors serviced (whatever that is), no intake tract foamed or cleaned (I buy regular gas from standard stations), No brake lines flushed, etc. The manual doesn't even call for the plugs to be replaced until 120k, and similar for fluids like trans and antifreeze...so what exactly should she be expecting to have already be done I ask you folks....?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 2015 Cadenza "Limited" I wish I had the SLX it has way more features. I've been upset about the dealership but the cars great. No blind spot detection which is strange. Why's the 2014 better???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts