Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m pretty sure I remember reading up about this on a different forum a bit ago, but I can’t find it for the life of me. My driver-side rear suspension makes a clunking noise over bumps. I haven’t noticed any different drivability, but is this an issue I should worry about?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Worry? Probably not. Seek attention, yes! Anything abnormal is a sign of something, ugh...not normal! LOL I don't recall reading about it so I can't help with finding the thread but especially if it's under warranty I would make a visit to your dealer. Clunking in the suspension usually means something like a bad bushing or loose bolt. I wouldn't wait too long before investigating personally.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Be 100% sure it's nothing in the spare tire well. A loose tool, perhaps even a loose spare. Also one thing I noticed in the past, I have a speaker box pushed up against the back seat, and i used to shove the car owners manual between it and the carpeted bottom of the rear window shelf, so there was pressure pushing up from the box into that inside bottom cover. Used to make all kinds of creaking noises over soft bumps...removing the jammed in manual got rid of that sound, but I thought it was something much more complicated until I figured that out. All I'm saying, be 100% sure what you are hearing isn't something other than suspension.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve checked the rear tire well, and it shouldn’t be anything else rattling around. It only happens when there is a or of suspension travel, smaller bumps (no matter how harsh) don’t do anything. Speed bumps, large dips in the road, or driveways are the only times it pops. Maybe I’ll jack my car up this weekend and check it out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts