Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys clean the mesh guard that pops up when you open the sunroof? Just took a look at it while I was walking back to my car from the gas station and man is it filthy and full of bugs... Is there a way to take it off and clean it? How do you guys clean it?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I don't know that you can remove it. My suggestion would be mild detergent (maybe dish soap) and a really soft bristled brush and gentle use of a wash cloth.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Start with a shopvac with a brush nozzle end..should deal with most of your problems. Blowing air through it from the back side will get stuff loose too. Then just wipe it down with a damp cloth. I also cleaned all around the edges and lips, even on the glass. Mildew will build up in there, and stink up the opening...nice and fresh will make it more inviting to open.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I just wish there was a way for me to deep clean my vents, it always stinks when I use the AC and then turn it off, like nastyass feet or something. Embarrassing if I have someone else in the car.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Dealership has a service to clean the evaporator...it's usually around $80, I did mine and it smells so much better! Not new car smell, but no more must. It was worst when the car would sit in the sun for a few hours and you first get inside...turning on AC of course only made it worse for a few minutes, eventually would get reasonable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2014 Cadenza for my wife. While testing the car after purchase, I was doing about 120 with windows down and sunroof open. I heard a noise then alot of air. The next day I realized that my bug screen had flown off. Kia wants $105 for a new one. I'm trying to find the part # now to replace for cheaper. Any ideas? FYI it topped at 140!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased a 2014 Cadenza for my wife. While testing the car after purchase, I was doing about 120 with windows down and sunroof open. I heard a noise then alot of air. The next day I realized that my bug screen had flown off. Kia wants $105 for a new one. I'm trying to find the part # now to replace for cheaper. Any ideas? FYI it topped at 140!!!
I just bought a 2014 and I didn’t lose the mesh big guard, it just detached from the car(the bottom runner part) taking it to a convertible auto shop to see what they say…I miss my sunroof

1 - 8 of 8 Posts