Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Cadenza. My sunroof doesn't close properly. The glass closes but the inner lining won't close. Instead, the back of the sun roof raises up. I can't get the lining to close at all. Any ideas what's going on? Anyone else havee this issue?

·
Registered
124 Posts
First thought is that you are pushing the combo button incorrectly but if you are getting the glass to close then doing the same push closes the privacy lining also so you obviously know how to do that.

So, a second possibility is that the programming is wrong and needs to be reprogramed at the dealership. I've read about this happening in regards to the sunroof not fully closing before (do a forum search) but not the curtain like in your case but I'm not sure what else could be wrong since it's not that complicated of a switch. Only a couple things it can do.

If you have to go to the dealership, they just have to connect their computer and it's a fast download to reprogram...from what I understand.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is the '17-'20 sunroof button the same as the '14-'16? With my '14 the button can go up, down, forward, & back with the addition of a forward click and backward click. Each one has a different function.
Forward touch (if already open) will close the glass but not the shade.
Forward click will close glass and shade
Backward touch (if closed) will open shade but not glass
Backward click will open shade & glass
Up opens shade and tilts glass
Down closes glass tilt and shade

1 - 4 of 4 Posts