Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I've seen that there are plenty of threads on here concerning sub installs but in my reading I haven't been able to find any direct answers to what wires people tap in to, how to remove the trim, and so on. I've only just gotten my sub to finally work and I wanted to share my findings. I plan to make further edits to this post as I go along actually cleaning up the install, but for now here's how to make it work.

Also, I'd like to give a quick shoutout to @MadMax and everyone in the "Trunk carpet lining removal" thread. Definitely wouldn't have been able to get as far as I did without the info in there.

Trunk Wiring:
In the trunk, you need to wire 3 things: ground, remote, and signal.

For ground, I went to the cargo net hook centered on either side of the trunk. I sanded it down with a wire brush attachment on a drill and then just slipped the terminal connector from my ground wire under the nut.

For remote, I tapped into the first harness (the big one, 26 pin). The wire was pink with a black stripe (see below).

For signal, I tapped into the second harness (the one in the middle, 12 pin). The wires were white and pink (see below).

·
Registered
116 Posts
if I might make a suggestion. I previously had my subwoofer connected to the rear door speakers. however I have found that my head unit (2014) limits the frequencies as you get lower to the rear speakers. because of this, I decided to tap into the subwoofer +/- on the previous connector. I found that I was able to reproduce significantly lower frequencies this way. food for thought!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey everyone, I've seen that there are plenty of threads on here concerning sub installs but in my reading I haven't been able to find any direct answers to what wires people tap in to, how to remove the trim, and so on. I've only just gotten my sub to finally work and I wanted to share my findings. I plan to make further edits to this post as I go along actually cleaning up the install, but for now here's how to make it work.

Also, I'd like to give a quick shoutout to @MadMax and everyone in the "Trunk carpet lining removal" thread. Definitely wouldn't have been able to get as far as I did without the info in there.

Trunk Wiring:
In the trunk, you need to wire 3 things: ground, remote, and signal.

For ground, I went to the cargo net hook centered on either side of the trunk. I sanded it down with a wire brush attachment on a drill and then just slipped the terminal connector from my ground wire under the nut.

For remote, I tapped into the first harness (the big one, 26 pin). The wire was pink with a black stripe (see below).

View attachment 7613

For signal, I tapped into the second harness (the one in the middle, 12 pin). The wires were white and pink (see below).

View attachment 7614
I tapped into the factory subwoofer for my install...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts