Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry, quick off topic, hard to tell in the pic but do you have a wing on the trunk (not the back window, I can see that one)? If yes, where'd you get it? I've always wanted one there but couldn't really ever find one for my '14. Thanks

So, how is the ride different? Stiffer, softer? Less impact one bumps? The impact that the stock suspension has is what bothers me the most. I'd like to find a way to get rid of that. Not really interested in lowering as I've fitted upsized tires to my 19" rims to help with the sharp impact effect.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have a trunk spoiler on the car, company on eBay sells it painted, as far as the ride goes, it's actually better than stock, haven't lost the smoothness, it is a bit stiffer and handles like a king, these springs were made specifically to match the stock suspension, I would def recommend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your review. Have you done any exhaust mods yet? I love the $1600 one with electronic baffles from Korea but im looking to be reasonable in my expenses. The K7 conversion is complete, now im trying to make the GT badge sound and look the part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice man, mind sharing a pic? I haven't looked into any exhaust, $1600 is kinda steep.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your review. Have you done any exhaust mods yet? I love the $1600 one with electronic baffles from Korea but im looking to be reasonable in my expenses. The K7 conversion is complete, now im trying to make the GT badge sound and look the part.
You have a pic of your car, I'm intrigued

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's a link to YouTube video in the eBay description. Looks and sounds awesome, I'm shooting for $1600 for exhaust, springs, and drilled/slotted rotors. I'll get a few pics of my car in the morning. Yours is pretty sick. Mine is in silver, thinking with some red accents it'll look pretty Audi-esque, really loving this car, just want a tad bit more of a performance look and sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a link to YouTube video in the eBay description. Looks and sounds awesome, I'm shooting for $1600 for exhaust, springs, and drilled/slotted rotors. I'll get a few pics of my car in the morning. Yours is pretty sick. Mine is in silver, thinking with some red accents it'll look pretty Audi-esque, really loving this car, just want a tad bit more of a performance look and sound.

Here's a front view, I deleted all the chrome and added wheel spacers, the car feels so much better in the handling dept, I do agree tho, could use more power.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow, that seems like a really nice exhaust! I don't think I could drop that much $ on just exhaust for this car, esp since it's only 290 ish HP. Not gonna help that much. Plus mine is a '14 and that system only fits '17-20. I'd much rather a turbo or blower setup but the ONLY one I could find was a crappy video of a guy in some foreign country that had put some turbo something together. No specs or details, just driving in circles. There are no "prefab" setups for this car, or even this engine that I could find anywhere. Leaving the only choice to go custom and that = lots o $$$$ Not for me.

Reactions: 17kiaK7

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you install the springs yourself? Im thinking about trying it. Did you have to change any other parts like struts, control arms or anything? Car is too swooshy as it is, add the fact that it came with the crappiest Primewell tires on OEM 18s and I'm looking for solutions. Hoping I can find a strut bar for it so I can knock everything out while it's apart. I'm gonna be cheap and just paint the calipers, but slotted/drilled rotors are going on it. Seriously considering a ridiculous front splitter, aluminum bars, kinards, the works. In red, with a red diffuser, spoiler, and side skirts. Add a couple of dual tip Magnaflow mufflers and delete the resonator to make it sound the part. Just wish the turbos fit, lol. Not sure of what plate to get when I finish it. K7 GT is probably my first choice. But in TX the plate 55ANTA3 is still available. And how cool would it be to have that plate on a bad *** big body Korean sedan.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you install the springs yourself? Im thinking about trying it. Did you have to change any other parts like struts, control arms or anything? Car is too swooshy as it is, add the fact that it came with the crappiest Primewell tires on OEM 18s and I'm looking for solutions. Hoping I can find a strut bar for it so I can knock everything out while it's apart. I'm gonna be cheap and just paint the calipers, but slotted/drilled rotors are going on it. Seriously considering a ridiculous front splitter, aluminum bars, kinards, the works. In red, with a red diffuser, spoiler, and side skirts. Add a couple of dual tip Magnaflow mufflers and delete the resonator to make it sound the part. Just wish the turbos fit, lol. Not sure of what plate to get when I finish it. K7 GT is probably my first choice. But in TX the plate 55ANTA3 is still available. And how cool would it be to have that plate on a bad *** big body Korean sedan.
My brother in law manages a Tire Kingdom, with his discount I paid $225 for install and alignment, didn't have to change any other parts just plug and play, I did find a strut bar, it's about $230 on sharkracing.com I might be getting that, although the ride is pretty solid with the springs, I'm also gonna be getting some 20s offset, probably 9 wide in the front and 10 in the back. And as far as the plate goes, you need to get that!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

1 - 16 of 16 Posts