Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got my Storm Lowering Springs from K5OptimaStore I won’t lie I was a little nervous to go with lowering springs at first (since everybody on YouTube and the internet says lowering springs are terrible compared to coilovers) but I’m happy that I did. Being from ny there’s a lot of potholes and speed bumps but the ride is just as comfortable as stock yet the cars feels alot nimbler and handles a lot better. Here’s a list of little things I did to the car -storm lowering springs, fake carbon fiber side mirror covers lol, front splitter, window visors, muffler delete, changed the pedals, and I ordered the k&n air filter. If anybody wants any links just let me know. View attachment 7744 View attachment 7745
Looking good my man. You've got the first newer model Cadenza I've seen looking right! ✊🏾 I did some of the same things you did to my '15. I didn't use the full front splitter, just the two end pieces. I got the side splitters to go behind the front wheels and on both the front and back of the rear wheels and of course the rear diffuser. I've been scared about lowering springs because I've heard too many times that they wear your struts/shocks out prematurely. How long have you had yours in?

·
Registered
63 Posts
It’s been about a month, honestly I’m confident in storm springs since they’re made in Korea and made specifically for the car. Still have the stock springs just in case they are needed in the future. Ride quality’s just as good as stock but that wheel gap is minimized and feels a little more planted
I would definitely keep my OEM springs as a just in case. I would only lower the front end on mine, the rear actually sits just right. I already added a front strut brace on mine and that improved handling a bit as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts