Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having an issue with stone chips on the lower rockers in front of the rear wheels? Just ordered 3M clear bra to solve the issue. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Don't drive... But seriously this paint seems to be VERY fragile and thinly applied. My Rogue withstood much more than this paint in 3 years than my Cadenza in just over 1.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I have a lovely chip on my hood right where it meets the front bumper. The paint seems very fragile like Sh30469 said.

If you go the additional protection, they'll handle dings and chips under warranty, but it still seems like they know its a problem, but wont address it formally.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the front 3 feet of my car covered in a clear bra after getting a few stone chips on the front. I am very satisfied with the results. I do not have any stone chips on the rest of my car. I do have OEM mud flaps installed to add some additional protection.

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Vehicle door Vehicle Light

·
Registered
123 Posts
I installed the OEM splash guards on the front wheels only. This is common with FWD vehicles; you drive wheels will kick up debris when you accelerate and send them along the lower side panels.

The OEM splash guards are very subtle so they don't stand out but they do seem to get the job done. I found the OEM guards on Amazon at much less than in-store dealer price.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought the OEM splash guards also. Got them from kia dealer on ebay at a reduced price. I got front and back. So far not chips in those areas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts