Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought 2018 Stinger GT rims to go on my 2014 Cadenza. I checked the fitment size and its all the exact same for the Cadenza. Even though the fitments show as the same on both cars, will the rims fit my car? Also, I noticed the rims I bought are staggered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can think of five dimensions or measurements that need to be considered when purchasing a rim not designed for your car.
  1. Outside diameter
  2. Width
  3. Offset (the distance (negative or positive) the mounting point is from the center of the rim
  4. Bolt pattern
  5. Hub diameter
You obviously know the outside diameter and width. Front wheel drive cars typically have positive offset, rear wheel drive vary from slightly positive to negative. I would guess that if there is a major difference it will be the offset. The bolt pattern and hub diameter should be the same, manufacturers are generally very consistent to reduce manufacturing costs. However, the wheel and tire could extend slightly further to the outside of the car.

You really need to take two wheels off and install the narrow Stinger wheel in the front and wider in the rear, then take a few measurements. If the position of the Stinger rim is relatively close to the original rims, then you are good. Assuming it's slightly different, you will need to make a decision to proceed with mounting tires and seeing what the final setup looks like. Don't forget to consider tire clearance, it's not just the rim.

The last thing is that you set the Stinger rims are staggered. I didn't look it up, but I guess the rears are wider than the fronts. If you are able to install the narrow wheels up front and the wider wheels in the rear, you won't ever be able to rotate you tires. Overall, I would say this set is probably less than ideal, but whether or not they will fit and do they effect the driving dynamics of the car won't be known until you try it. Last item, make sure you think they look great on YOUR car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can think of five dimensions or measurements that need to be considered when purchasing a rim not designed for your car.
  1. Outside diameter
  2. Width
  3. Offset (the distance (negative or positive) the mounting point is from the center of the rim
  4. Bolt pattern
  5. Hub diameter
You obviously know the outside diameter and width. Front wheel drive cars typically have positive offset, rear wheel drive vary from slightly positive to negative. I would guess that if there is a major difference it will be the offset. The bolt pattern and hub diameter should be the same, manufacturers are generally very consistent to reduce manufacturing costs. However, the wheel and tire could extend slightly further to the outside of the car.

You really need to take two wheels off and install the narrow Stinger wheel in the front and wider in the rear, then take a few measurements. If the position of the Stinger rim is relatively close to the original rims, then you are good. Assuming it's slightly different, you will need to make a decision to proceed with mounting tires and seeing what the final setup looks like. Don't forget to consider tire clearance, it's not just the rim.

The last thing is that you set the Stinger rims are staggered. I didn't look it up, but I guess the rears are wider than the fronts. If you are able to install the narrow wheels up front and the wider wheels in the rear, you won't ever be able to rotate you tires. Overall, I would say this set is probably less than ideal, but whether or not they will fit and do they effect the driving dynamics of the car won't be known until you try it. Last item, make sure you think they look great on YOUR car.
Thank you! This was a HUGE help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts