Wanted to see if anyone else had this issue in the past and possibly a resolution.
- 2014 Kia Cadenza
- 85,000 miles on the vehicle
- The car is "cold" and has been sitting (for this example let's say overnight). For the first 5-10 seconds when I am driving in reverse or forward, using or not using the brake and I turn the wheel left or right, it makes a creaking sound, very similar to walking on an old floor. The steering is smooth when the sound is made.
- After the first 5-10 seconds, there's no noise and the steering continues to be smooth.
- If I stop the vehicle and let it set for a few minutes to an hour or so, start it back up, the steering is still smooth with no noise.
- If I let it sit for several hours, the "creaking noise" returns when steering left/right in reverse or forward.for 5-10 seconds.
- This 5-10 second "creakling noise" occurs regardless if I use brakes or don't use the brakes.