Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 2014 kia CADENZA premium, I recently changed breaks and rotors they are not OEM I bought from eBay . After they got installed I've noticed steering got heavier not too heavy , can this cause by not having oem parts? or could be break binding ect... Thank you greatly for your input and time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Any lights on your dash? I know in limp home mode the power steering (purposely?) gets heavier like you're describing. It's happened to me before, but it had nothing to do with brakes in my case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any lights on your dash? I know in limp home mode the power steering (purposely?) gets heavier like you're describing. It's happened to me before, but it had nothing to do with brakes in my case.
There's no error code or anything showing on dashboard . The steering functions just fine but not like before where you can feel the power steering assistance. I've taken it to the mechanic they just quickly moved the steering wheel left to right and said nothing wrong . But I know it wasnt this heavy , steering use to be like butter with minimum effort. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It should have nothing to do with non-OEM brake components. I also have after market, non-OEM brake components and I have no problems with steering or anything else for that matter.

Without any dash lights or any other clues, I have no idea what might be going on unless something like a brake line is rubbing or stretched but I seriously doubt it as the power steering is way stronger and simply would rip them apart if they were binding and causing the steering wheel to be heavy. You might have to take it to a dealer to diagnose any steering issues. I wouldn't mention recently replacing the brakes as you don't want to hint at something that is not the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts