Kia Cadenza Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm just over 37k miles and over 4 years. Going strong still. Had a small leak in my pureon hose for AC, but that just got fixed under warranty yesterday. AC feels better now than it ever did.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Same thing just happened to me. 46000 and here is the kicker, broke while sitting in the garage. Went to back it out and heard a nasty noise. I thought maybe a brake pad had separated or something so I started pulling it back in the garage and put it on the hoist, sure as $h!t, driver side spring broke. I have to call the dealer, who is 60 miles away, and see what my options are. I bought an extended warranty when I bought the car also so I hope I'm in the same boat with the $50 deductible, but who knows. Need to figure out how to get it to the dealership also. What a bunch of crap.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The sad part about the entire situation is the wait time on the replacement spring. Took 2 weeks for the first one to come, lucked out the 2nd time around as they had extra already on order and it took one day. I would have them examine the other spring as well when you do take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Very good idea to examine both, might be able to get the warrantee to cover both, even if only one is broken. Good service advisors have a knack for getting this kind of thing approved, so be real friendly with him, see what he can do for you. If that doesn't work out, get Kia Preferred to consider replacing both springs...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Waiting to hear back from the dealership now. KIA Road Side assistance paid for towing so that's a plus. I've had issues with the service department before so not holding my breath on them getting the other side replaced. I'll bring it up when they call.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just heard back from the service department. KIA is replacing the broken spring under the original warranty which me wonder why since it's not normally covered. I also asked them to inspect the passenger side as well and told them to get it replaced before it breaks if possible.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Of course the spring is covered under original warrantee...what do you mean when you say "its not normally covered?"

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's a suspension part, no different than brake pads, rotors etc as far as waring out over time. Didn't sound like the OPs were covered by the factory warrantee either. Regardless, they replaced the whole strut, but refused to pay for the alignment. If they're covering a faulty suspension part under the factory warrantee then they should cover an alignment because it's just common sense. I had to call KIA and they aggreged to pay for it, but when I got to the dealership it was written up as a "courtesy" alignment. Now I just have to "wait" for the other side to break as I'm sure it will...

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happen to me as well on my 2015. first the passenger side and then 30 days later the drivers side. Car had 39k miles when both broke. The first time car was repaired in a few days, now they have had my car for over a week and no expected date for completion as the part needed is on national back order. The service manager where i took my car said that this is a known issue and they had 3 cars in within the last few weeks for the same issue. So now i am driving around in a POS soul, and kia consumer affairs doesnt really seem to care. I told them that i paid for the luxury of the cadenza and i expect to be driving a loaner near or at the same luxury i purchased. nothing! Because of this issue i backed out of purchasing the Telluride if this is how Kia customer service is.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah, I get the seam feeling when looking at the new k900, and was also interested in the Telluride. Problem with the Telluride, finding one with AWD, top tier with the prestige package and the rear load leveling suspension is not possible anywhere in the country. Why show such a killer off road commercial if they arent offering that loaded AWD in pretty much any region?

But getting back to your point, I want a 2019 K900 real bad (preowned low miles) but the thought of getting it serviced under warranty really scares me. if it's hard to find Cadenza parts, K900 will be in service for months waiting on parts!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015, 44k My passenger side spring broke a few weeks ago, went to the dealer got it fixed no problem. Today my driver's side broke! Still under og warranty so whatever but I've never broken a spring, let alone 2 in a couple of months this has me a little concerned....

·
Registered
93 Posts
This starting to be a common problem, and Kia seems to recognize that it was either a design flaw or a manufacturing defect so they're taking care of their customers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just happened yesterday on my 2014 Cadenza with ~57,000. Was backing out of the driveway on my way to get a haircut (finally!), heard an awful noise from the front left. Went away for a bit, then started again. Got it to my local garage for eval and the bad news.
Checked with the KIA dealer and he hasn't experienced a bunch of broken springs and wasn't aware of any service advisories on this problem. Also confirmed the car was out of warranty and the service contract doesn't cover suspension parts.
No recollection of hitting severe potholes or other trauma.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts