Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jake and a few of you doing aftermarket sound stuff in your Cadenza. I've installed sub and mono amp for amazing bottom end, but now looking to update the components in the doors. This car is sealed so well and well put-together, but would you still dampen the doors? My thought is why not since I would have the door panels off anyways. Will have Focals off JL 4 channel installed with a Bit Ten. I'll post pics when all is said and done. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes u have to do an amp by pass. And i would definetely recommend doing deadners in the doors. I also would recommend using foam baffles to house ur speakers in. I already haved deone it to my rear deck. Only helped a lil bit but i will stiill have to doors. Focal is a great brand to go with btw.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good question

so you're installing aftermarket highs and mids with an external amp? can you bypass the stock amps?
Great question. My friend works for a professional install garage, and he recommended this very thing. I also asked if it wasn't bypassed if the center and factory sub would affect the tuning process. The Audison Bit-Ten takes line inputs directly in from the stock headunit, and then the sound processing and tuning is done from there. I've been researching and watching videos on this, and am extremely excited to get this done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes u have to do an amp by pass. And i would definetely recommend doing deadners in the doors. I also would recommend using foam baffles to house ur speakers in. I already haved deone it to my rear deck. Only helped a lil bit but i will stiill have to doors. Focal is a great brand to go with btw.
Great info and recommendations. What did you replace or install to your rear deck? Thanks for the confirm on the Focals. I was listening to both Hertz and Focals, and given my friend's recommendation as well, he stated the Hertz would be good if you don't plan on amping them, but he definitely recommended the Focals with the route I want to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts