Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
What do you mean by "oil on the pipe"? It is normal with GDI engines (according to the engineers at Kia) to sometimes build up soot and it will plume out from time to time. Our cars get a layer of soot on the chrome surrounding the rear exhaust. I just always clean mine when I wash my car or when I am at a gas station I'll use the window washer stuff they have and a paper towel to wipe it down. It get's pretty nasty inside the plastic shroud that houses the actual tips too. Wiping it down though usually keeps it pretty clean.

If you drive your car pretty easily like I do (not aggressive) then every now and then it is a good idea to floor it to help clean out the exhaust system. I usually throw it in sport and just let it rev up and change itself (about 40 ish mph in maybe 2nd gear). When you do that you may see a plume of black/grey smoke come out the rear, that's what's getting on your chrome, though usually not in such abundance.

If what I said above is what you are talking about then it is standard for these vehicles and these engines, nothing to worry about. If that isn't what you are talking about maybe a bit more in-depth description would help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.