Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
I love smart cruise control... I'm using it on highway and traffic...also tech package a must if you want white package which gives you for free nice plush on headliner, cool looking white leather and important to my opinion wooden inserts around door controls...
However if you consider black interior it doesn't look bad even without wooden inserts but on beige its ugly to me...like cheap plastic inside expensive interior.

· Registered
122 Posts
I had the same thought before and sometimes distance we keep is shorter than SCC allows but think what happened if someone cut you on regular cruise control...you either brake yourself ...or keep shorter distance for a while...or crash if you didn't pay attention...
I don't say SCC is perfect but it's really good...however you can't rely on it 100%...so in weird condition it's better to take driving under your control :))
I used SCC under different heavy conditions and it is failed only once by showing error on screen with alarm sound after which I took it under my control...other cases rain/shine...high speed / low speed, cutting, changing lines it worked smooth...with some nerves though if you keep it on shortest distance...as body doesn't believe it completely...
So far it's the best SCC I tryed...
By the way Autohold is the best too...much more smooth that I had on BMW 750 :)) so I'm using it all the time now

· Registered
122 Posts
I agree that just warning is annoying more than helpfully in many situation when you try to move close to the lane to avoid some obstacles...
However, I hope KIA move on to the next step on lane departure warning ...to active assist when it can actually keep the car in the lanes....then you can drive on highway without touching wheel :)...but I mean actual steering assist and not braking...as braking could be annoying and heavy on mpg and brake wear...
especially this is already available on some other luxury brands...
Common KIA...you can do it!!!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.