Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering a new Cadenza and am trying to decide on the technology package.

First on the smart cruise control can you turn off the distance setting ie smart cruise and just use it as a normal cruise control?

Second what do people think of the technology pkg? Is it worth it?

Personally, I don't care about 19" wheels, lane departure warning or rain repelling side windows. I think I would really like the blind spot warning and I am not sure if I would love or hate the smart cruise.

Thanks for any opinions,

GoChill

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wondering in case I don't like the feature. I just can imagine in traffic or something someone cuts into my lane and the car slams on the brakes to maintain distance. Maybe in practice it's not like that. Maybe I would love the feature and never want to turn it off.

Thanks for the input.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FWIW, I found out there is a way to disable the Smart Cruise Control. Just activate cruise by hitting the cruise button. Then press and hold the smart cruise button (the range setting button) for 3 seconds. The display in the center of the speedometer will say conventional cruise mode. To switch back hold the range button down for 3 seconds and it will toggle back to smart cruise, the display will show SCC mode.

I haven't tested this part yet but the dealer said he believes after restarting the car the system will always default back to smart cruise mode.

As aloukienko said I don't know that you would ever want to disable it but it turns out that it is possible.

GoChill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.