Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the Sea Foam into the intake on the Cadenza yet? I'm curious where you would apply this. I did it many times on the Maxima; suction hose was right near the top, easy to do. Results were always positive, never gave me grief. I always felt an improvement afterwards. It's got to have similar results as the Induction clearing service the dealership is willing to charge $150 for. Anyway, I'm willing to give it a go, just don't know the best way to get it into the engine.

Just to note, this guy did a very comprehensive discovery before and after inside his Honda to show proof is in the pudding, so please no debates about it working or not. I'm more concerned with how to perform the task. Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have used Sea Foam for years. IN the gas tank and into the intake. The make a spray version that makes adding it to the intake very easy. In the past if my throttle body had sensors attached to them I would spray Sea Foam after the throttle body. I recently cleaned out my wife's Toyota and the Tb didn't have any specific sensors in the air pathway so I just sprayed just before the TB.

Spray enough to keep the car from stalling out but enough to get it running rough. Let it sit for 20-30min and then start engine and run through varies RMP ranges and you will get the white smoke to bellow out the exhaust. Pending on mileage on the car you might not see/feel a difference but I have done this to a high mileage car and have felt the life come back into the engine. Its small but noticeable.

I would say look at your TB and assess if you can do before the TB or should go after the TB and try it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.