Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the older horror story of engine failure after fairly low milage. This scares me since I have just now experienced problems after only 7500 miles. Driving along within the speed limit I suddenly heard an exhaust leak but just kept driving until ariving home. The next morning I, obviously, received everyone's attention when arriving at the Kia dealership. Graciously, the person in charge took over and proceeded to tell me a "sensor" had been blown out of the engine manifold. They would need to replace the manifold which takes a few days since the part(s) needed to be ordered. The dealership provided a car and assured me all expense will be covered by Kia since I am well within the warranty time and miles.

I am wondering if others have experienced this same problem.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm not sure which "horror story" you're referring to but I've only ever read about one guy who had what sounded like a lemon and a big fight with the dealership, which also sounded like they did some shady things as well, double whammy for this poor guy. Other than that, I've never heard of any major engine problems for our cars, let alone a blown engine. To me it just sounds like the sensor either was not threaded all the way in and just happened to let loose or it was cross threaded or something where the head needs to be replaced. Either way...very odd and still a one off case in my opinion.

Here is another post about the same post I was referring to above...
I've only ever seen 1 person in these forums have problems with their engine (it was an early model '14 if I remember correctly), sounded like he had a lemon. I believe our engines are shared with other vehicles like the (used to be) Genesis (correct me if I'm wrong someone) and the turbo'd version in the Stinger. Something can always happen but I think we have pretty reliable engines. ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts