Kia Cadenza Forum banner

SAT Radio Issues

8K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  sh30469 
#1 ·
I picked up my new Cadenza on Saturday ( Tech package which is the highest in Canada) and on Monday called Sirius to transfer my account from my K900 which I traded in and it went downhill from there .I have spoken to them 8 times and I only receive their trial version which is about 50 channels my account with traffic will not work .Finally, I was told to take the car back to Kia so they can check out the radio unit. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so what was the solution? I am taking the car in on Friday at 10:15 Any experiences would be appreciated

#4 ·
Wow, never any trouble for me. They always have great customer service (other than trying to sell me other packages which seems mandatory) and get my issues taken care of. Have you logged onto the online portal and checked your service and sent a refresh to your car yourself? They will usually tell you it works best if your car is in the open (not in a parking structure or underground) as well as turned on (at least power).

Sorry Beezwax, my sound from them always sounds good :p Not the best for an audiophile, but not bad beamed wideband from space.

#5 ·
Wow, never any trouble for me. They always have great customer service (other than trying to sell me other packages which seem mandatory) and get my issues taken care of. Have you logged onto the online portal and checked your service and sent a refresh to your car yourself? They will usually tell you it works best if your car is in the open (not in a parking structure or underground) as well as turned on (at least power).

Sorry Beezwax, my sound from them always sounds good :p Not the best for an audiophile, but not bad beamed wideband from space.
Done that been there .I find that service seems good but also seems a little disingenuous . I asked to be sent up the technical line from a tech 1 to a tech 3 and was told that is only for very rare situations I wanted to say something but I held my tongue .Finally someone told me it's not our faults its Kia and I am convinced there is nothing wrong with my sat

#6 · (Edited)
Had the same problem when I got my 2014. Tried to transfer my account from the optima, and just wouldn't work.
I only got the free trial. Finally talked to a service supervisor who said. He couldn't transfer the service, so they
canceled my service on the Optima and gave me back a refund for unused portion of service. Then set up a new service
for me.
I know sound's stupid but that was all they could do for me at that time.
When I traded up to the K900 they did the same thing canceled service gave refund and started a new service.
Our other Cadenza didn't have that problem, because it wasn't a transfer of service, just new service

#8 ·
UPDATE Kia confirmed my Sat system is fine Sirius confirmed to Kia that they have an internal issue and have set to update their system for my car's ID# they said " by Next Friday it will be fine " I have my doubts but I will see I will keep you infomed next Friday .. Gene your suggestion was tried and did not change the signal issue

#11 · (Edited)
UPDATE : fRIDAY has come and gone and not only do I not receive the package I haver paid for I am only getting stations 0 and 184 .O is what displays the radio ID , and 184 is there universal free advertising station .I am not even getting the free 3-month trial stations anymore ( about 55 or so ) Sirius has done everything they can from their end so it seems . Kia Vancouver South Vancouver is ordering me a new radio unit with a new Sirius ID number .I will keep you informed of the progress. Other than the sat radio issue I really enjoy the car and it drives so much different than the K900 and in my view much better but certainly not as luxurious .I do miss the HUD though which I understand that the upcoming 2017 will have HUD in their top model.

#13 ·
Wow, I hope that isn't the case with me. I just had a new radio ordered for my car too (apparently they are a few grand) since the display was screwing up. I've not heard back form them or my new rep from the Preferred line, I don't care for her very much, she really hasn't been consistent with calling me back when she says...

#15 ·
At least you got your radio fixed :) I'm waiting for a new unit now to be shipped to my dealer and they can install it. They are currently working with Kia engineers to figure out a problem and the dealer is hoping to get in a new radio. I want my car back!!!! 3 week mark was yesterday...

#16 · (Edited)
Let me expand on my tale about Sirius . It was more of a sherlock mystery .Review the obvious and if that is not the solution start looking at the unobvious . When my radio was past its 6 week delivery date my service manager at Vancouver Kia ( amazing service btw) called the head of Kia Technology and was told and I will paraphrase This is the first radio ever ordered in his memory and that will not solve the problem as the customer( me) is receiving full navigation and AM FM reception. KIa's solution much like many of you suggested ( Gene was first) was to reestablish a new account and start again which I tried once with unsuccessful results. We then set up an appointment for today and they were going to sit in front of their PC while on the phone and try to solve the issue as I was not prepared to spend hold time etc. In the meantime ( yesterday) I logged on and saw that the account automatically renewed on November 1st and I wanted a refund because I was not 100% convinced I would have my Sat radio working anytime soon .After calling and being transferred to a "supervisor ( I had called about 15 times trying to solve the signal issue ) I was expecting the same drivel about oh let's try one more time .This time I asked her to break down the bill and I forgot that their traffic alert system was part of my original contract as it worked well in my k900 .She said let's try to send the signal without traffic as Kia has had problems with the traffic in the past with Kia . Voila, the new signal worked fine. So after reaching the top of technical support with Sirius it took an accounting/billing support staff to figure out what the issue was . Moral don't overlook the unobvious in problem-solving. Subsequent to this call I have learned that in Canada ( I am not sure about the US) traffic is not compatible with the Optima's or the Cadenza I am not sure about any of their other lines .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.