Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2014 Cadenza used and have noticed that the weatherstripping along the roofline (both sides) is painted the body color of the car and thus is now cracking. The service manager at the local dealer tells me that none of the 2014 Cadenza models came this way. If anyone has a 2014 Cadenza without the sunroof, could you confirm that your weatherstripping is or is not painted the body color? As it might depend on the color, my car is the metallic brown color available in 2014. Once I get it back from the dealer I'll try to post pictures of mine. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
806 Posts
I've never seen the Premium without a sunroof up close, but every single Advertisement for a used one the pictures show that the strips are color code matched. That's factory color, Kia manager doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't have it handy, there's a Kia Preferred phone number, what you do is call them, give them the vin, they will open a case for you, tell them the problem, they will facilitate the repair with a dealership of your choosing.

· Registered
21 Posts
Did you notice the dealer is calling this Cadenza a Limited? Based on my experience, all Limited models had 19" chrome wheels. This is a different subject but I had to point out one of my pet peeves on cars.com and auto trader.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a white one, you can see strips are white, not black, which I think is the color under those strips...

2014 KIA CADENZA LIMITED
Thank you for that. I'll try calling the customer service number tomorrow and I called today and they were closed for the holiday. I'll update with what I find.

BTW, has anyone else had problems with the following?

1. Shark fin antenna breaking off. I was hand washing my car this summer and the shark fin broke right off. I wasn't even pushing on it, the plastic underneath was brittle. I just glued mine back on using some flexible fabric glue but my dealer says they won't repair it under warranty, even though they see lots of optimas with the same problem (their fix is to charge 1/2 hour of time and they use a silicone adhesive to bond it back to the rubber gasket).
2. Leather on back of steering wheel is separating. I already had the gauge cluster dashboard piece replaced because it got a huge bubble in it from the fabric separating and now the back of the steering wheel at positions 3 & 9 seem to be separating. I only have 31k on my car and have until 2018 or 60k for the warranty but this seems sketchy already with the quality issues.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you notice the dealer is calling this Cadenza a Limited? Based on my experience, all Limited models had 19" chrome wheels. This is a different subject but I had to point out one of my pet peeves on cars.com and auto trader.
I didn't notice them calling my car a Limited. I believe they said "premium". As the currently service manager just came from VW, I believe some of my problems are resulting from him not being up to speed on the nuances of the Kia line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.