Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just purchased a preowned CPO 2014 Cadenza Limited. I think the car is awesome! And a steal at the price. However, my key fob doesn't work. The dealer tried switching out the battery but to no avail. It can start the car when I press the key fob on the Engine Start button but key fob does nothing else useful. Any suggestions ? Also since it is a preowned vehicle it came with only 1 key fob. Any suggestions on the best + cheapest way to get an additional key fob with the laser created key as well.

Thanks in advance for any help,
much appreciated

·
Registered
796 Posts
What country are you in? In the U.S. there is no option for remote start on the Cadenza. Is it even an OEM remote? It should only have: lock, unlock, trunk lid release, and panic button (horn). I know the K5 Optima Store (K5OS) has at least 1 fob for sale but they aren't cheap anywhere. I believe $200-$250+ from what I hear, but you can ask them about it. Anyone from K5OS able to detail a bit more about it? If you have a CANBUS controller (also on K5OS) there is supposed to be extra functionality with the OEM remote, but don't have 1 so can't tell you how it works. Are you still able to unlock your car from the buttons on the door with the key in your pocket?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

In USA - Phoenix. This is the OEM key fob from Kia. None of the buttons on the key fob work. My hunch tells me it is a battery issue on the key fob - but the dealership told me they put new batteries in. With the actual physical key fob pressed on the Engine Start button on the dashboard I am able to start the car. The dash display says something to the effect "Key Not Found" while the car is running and usable.

I guess this is a lesson when buying from dealerships - don't buy the car - until they resolve whatever issues there are. Their promises aren't worth much.

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
look on ebay 954403R600 Keyless Entry Remote Fob Transmitter Case Only For Kia Cadenza 13-15
only the case you don't need the key, it's $19.91. You can ask if it works before buying
You will still have to have the dealer program it for you. Did the dealer check the programming
on the key they gave you?

·
Registered
65 Posts
CPO items 87, 88, 89 (remote alarm, remote entry, remote trunk) should be verified as operational. If the fob isn't working, it didn't meet the CPO inspection. Have the dealer fix it. If it's CPO, it should be covered by the warranty. I believe CPO should also include both key fobs, but it isn't listed on the checklist. You can find the CPO list at this URL -> Benefits of Buying & Owning Certified Pre-Owned | Kia CPO

Congrats on the new Cadenza!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Am I the only person wondering why there is a remote start button on the OEM fob? As far as I knew no US Cadenzas had a remote start option.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
She was most likely caused by the wrong frequency remote being paired with the vehicle. It will allow the emergency engine start using the procedure mentioned above and will work to lock or unlock the doors, but will not start the vehicle using the standard push to start option.

We did sell the last remote that we had in stock here and I believe it was to the OP in this thread. ;)

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I'm trying to find a replacement for the plastic on the outside of my fob. Mine is warn to heck and falling apart and I have only had it a little over a year.

K5OS had the full keys, anyone found just the plastic bezel?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm trying to find a replacement for the plastic on the outside of my fob. Mine is warn to heck and falling apart and I have only had it a little over a year.

K5OS had the full keys, anyone found just the plastic bezel?
look on ebay 954403R600 Keyless Entry Remote Fob Transmitter Case Only For Kia Cadenza 13-15
only the case you don't need the key, it's $19.91. You can ask if it works before buying
You will still have to have the dealer program it for you. Did the dealer check the programming
on the key they gave you?
Check this out, this is what Gene mentioned earlier. It says case only.
954403R600 Keyless Entry Remote Fob Transmitter Case Only for Kia Cadenza 13 15 | eBay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.