Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve just recently had a remote start installed (Compustar 905AS) on my 2014 Cadenza and I’m having an issue that I see a lot of other people post about. On the other hand, there’s also people that post about it working successfully on their cadenza. So, I’m really looking to find a solution and could use any help because I kinda feel like I was ripped off here since the small business won’t do a complete refund (just the parts, not the labor which is $150 out of the $450 I spent!) The remote start will start up my car and everything perfectly, but the issue is when I open my door and it just turns back off, requiring me to push start once I get in. I know it has to do with the secure takeover but I’m not finding any way to bypass it so it stays on or gives a time limit to when I have to push the start/break. A posts I saw from about a year ago had a guy/gal talking about having a compustar installed by Best Buy and it working perfectly and not shutting off once he opens the door.
Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
157 Posts
gsw...welcome to the forum!

The remote start I had installed in my car is a little more involved as it turns on my heated seat, rear window defroster and heated steering wheel all based on interior temperature. I also have the ability to start, stop, lock, unlock and see many more stats via an app on my phone (Drone Mobile).

However, I know all that is basically add-on's hooked into some base unit like a Compustar model...but I don't know what that is.

I say all that to also speak of my experience. To your point, my car will continue to run after I open the door and only shut off after a specific amount of time (30 secs give or take) after it has been started, I unlock and open the door locally and before I press the break. So, if I don't press the break within that 30 secs time period the car will remain running (how much longer I have never tested but it's several minutes at least) but when I do finally get in the car and then press the brake, the car will shut off and I have to start it again manually. I actually find the short time (30 secs) annoying as there are times I want to open some other door to let my girlfriend in or load a back door seat or trunk before I want to drive away and by then the car will shut off when I touch the brake.

So, to get to your question, I know it can be done, but I do not know how, nor do I know how to extend the "timeout" function after opening a door and it sets the "shut off when brake pressed" switch or mode.

Sounds to me that the shop you used is incompetent and doesn't know enough about remote start installs, not that I do either but they are getting paid to know. Maybe you can call/speak to a more reputable shop or find out what model unit was installed, go to their website and look for a local shop that covers all types of that brands install work? Also, I haven't looked, but there are probably that specific brand forums you might get the answer from as it seems like a generic type situation, though you might need a car specific part to fix it you'll still have the right path to follow....maybe. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Remote Start is nice if you use it. That being said, I have Remote Start on my other (main) car.

I never use it! (Except perhaps once a month just to make sure I remember how to do it).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Obviously, you don't live where you need it. The rest of the country (and Canada) use it at least seasonally if not more often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts