Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 SXL has only cupholders in the rear seat center drop-down armrest. The owners manual shows one with 12 volts ports. Does anybody in US have them with 12 volt ports?

I just put 5K on mine over the past 3 weeks through all kinds of lousy weather (sleet, ice, rain, snow) and the car just ran well all day long every day... Very pleased so far... Rear 12V outlets would have nice...

When the Sun was out we cruised at 80 with 4 adults, stuffed trunk and plenty of power for the hills...

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
my Premium Package doesn't have it... I would also agree with the power... my wife and I have driven from Houston to Indy with a stop in Hot Springs and Nashville... loaded down like a Hurricane Evac and had PLENTY of power

·
Registered
841 Posts
Gene has the Korean market unit that has radio controls and rear seat heater controls. He said he hasn't gotten the radio controls to work yet, but the rear seat heater controls to work.

Believe it looks like this:

I haven't seen a unit with 12V ports. Gene can confirm with what he has.

BTW Gene, still willing to help with your install on this to get the radio controls working for you.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Yooshaw
Sorry I didn't get back to you on the rear seat center armrest, still recovering from my heart attack.
Here are a few pics I took when I first get it.
Yes the arm rest opens and there is a 12V outlet, which was no problem hooking up,was a plug in back of seat to attach to.
rear seat heaters also work. no luck on the radio but haven't gotten back to it yet

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
matches my beige interior.
haven't figured where to plug a couple of the wires in yet
also don't really care for the cup holders, but they are stronger than most popout holders
Isn't exactly like the Korean rear arm rest if you compare the pics

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yooshaw
Sorry I didn't get back to you on the rear seat center armrest, still recovering from my heart attack.
Here are a few pics I took when I first get it.
Yes the arm rest opens and there is a 12V outlet, which was no problem hooking up,was a plug in back of seat to attach to.
rear seat heaters also work. no luck on the radio but haven't gotten back to it yet
Hope you are feeling better. Didn't know it had a 12V outlet inside the armrest, that's nice. I've been perusing the wiring diagrams but can't find any info on the rear armrest.

Question - did you find connectors in place in the car that you were able to connect the armrest to? I count 5, right? Were there any extra left over that you didn't find a corresponding connector in the car? I'm going to keep diging for a diagram.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
there are two plugs on the one wire and they plugged right in, seat heaters
the other wire has three plugs one plugged in to matching connecter and the outlet is working. I believe there was some more connecters behind seat but that was when I had the heart attack and didn't finish the job yet.
rear seat bottom comes out then the seat back comes off. There is insulation padding I haven't looked behind yet

·
Registered
841 Posts
there are two plugs on the one wire and they plugged right in, seat heaters
the other wire has three plugs one plugged in to matching connecter and the outlet is working. I believe there was some more connecters behind seat but that was when I had the heart attack and didn't finish the job yet.
rear seat bottom comes out then the seat back comes off. There is insulation padding I haven't looked behind yet
Well, I've SCOURED the wiring diagrams and cannot find any schematics for that armrest or anything near it. There's diagrams for the rear seat heaters, but those are for connecting the existing set-up (wiring to the door armrests). Do the rear door seat heater buttons still work (i.e. you can use either the center armrest button or the door button to activate the seat heaters)?

I found the diagrams for how the steering wheel audio controls work - signals are passed to a module called the "clock spring," which passes signals to the head unit. I can't for the life of me find a diagram of this "clock spring" module, but did find the connector layouts for them.

In a worse case, if you can't find the harness, I think you could run your own wires and tap into the steering wheel wires to make them work. Would require some investigation and time with a multimeter to figure out the pinouts for the armrest so you can tap them into the right steering wheel wires.

Hope you find the harness, would be 1000% easier - hoping they just left it off the wiring diagrams as they are not an option here in the U.S.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
I'm thinking about adding another radio and headphone jacks for the rear only. Don't want them changing my stations any way.
Can operate seat heaters from both switches, thinking I might use the Korean insert on the doors and only have the window switches there.
I have a pair of the wood grain inserts with one hole from when I first started to put the wood grain panels in the rear. Kia sent me the wrong panels,
but then replaced them with the two hole panels

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 2014 SXL has only cupholders in the rear seat center drop-down armrest. The owners manual shows one with 12 volts ports. Does anybody in US have them with 12 volt ports?

I just put 5K on mine over the past 3 weeks through all kinds of lousy weather (sleet, ice, rain, snow) and the car just ran well all day long every day... Very pleased so far... Rear 12V outlets would have nice...

When the Sun was out we cruised at 80 with 4 adults, stuffed trunk and plenty of power for the hills...

My 2015 SXL has the 12 volt port and a USB charger built into the rear drop-down armrest, in a flip open compartment. Similar to the Korean spec armrest except without the radio and heater controls on the outer part. I'll post a few pics for you when I get back home tomorrow evening if you'd like.

·
Registered
841 Posts
My 2015 SXL has the 12 volt port and a USB charger built into the rear drop-down armrest, in a flip open compartment. Similar to the Korean spec armrest except without the radio and heater controls on the outer part. I'll post a few pics for you when I get back home tomorrow evening if you'd like.
Would love to see pics - I'd like to have a power outlet in the back for the kids.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
yooshaw
Go to a KIA dealership, take down the VIN # of a 2015 SXL which has the new rear seat arm rest. Stop at parts and ask them to lookup the part number and price.
Since 2015s are new expect delay in getting the arm rest.
Do they have the same color interior as your car in the 2015SXL? I don't think they do for my beige interior from a SXL

·
Registered
146 Posts
Anyone have info on what the power outlet plug looked like? Gene, I assume you had heated rear seats and controls in the doors already when you added the console?

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Yes I had the heated rear seats. If you look at the one picture of the rear arm rest open,
you can see the 12 volt outlet in the back. I have the black cover opened so you can see the outlet
second row of pictures and then first one with the top open.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here's the pics I promised...

Well...I uploaded 5 but apparently they did not all post...guess I don't know how to make multiples load

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
WCH966
What kind of cup holders does yours have? Like the other cadenza's?
It has the slide out cup holders....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts