Kia Cadenza Forum banner

Rear Parking Assist Not Working

20K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  sh30469 
#1 ·
Well...here I am again with more problems with my awesome car :( When in reverse, the backup sensor do not work and beep at all. Seems to be a bad module and has to be replaced. Just letting everyone know what is wrong and hopefully no one else will experience this.

Wrong with my car so far:
- Side Mirror Metallic Rattle
- Sunroof Module Replacement
- Driver Side Fog Light Condensation

#2 ·
Sounds like you got a dud.

Are you sure you had your rear sensors turned on? The button is near the knee, you might have accidentally turned it off getting out the car one day or in.

#3 ·
Interesting, I will have to check that out , didn't know there was a button. But the car is currently at the dealership. Yeah I'm thinking I got a DUD Cadenza, I'm having so many problems with the car. Now my Driver Side Mirror makes a loud motor sound when unfolding, also my rear tire has a air pocket in it (getting replaced for free). I had so many problems with this car so far that Kia Consumer Affairs is going to fix my Tire for Free and Pay One of my Monthly Car Payment under good will.

Wrong so far:
- Passenger Metallic Rattle in side mirror
- Dent in rear trunk behind placement of Cadenza Badge Wording, replace trunk lid back panel
- Sunroof Switch Replacement
- Driver Side Fog Light Replacement (Condensation)
- Driver Side Mirror Loud Motor sound when unfolding (currently at dealer)
- Air Pocket in Tire side wall (currently at dealer)
- Rear parking assist failure (currently at dealer)

#7 ·
i just researched this... the back up sensors will beep when you are close to an object... when you put in reverse, there is an initial "DING" or "CHIME" but will not beep until you are close to an object. Once you are the DIC will have a diagram that she's what area your sensors are picking up the object...

This diagram on the DIC is only on Luxury Pack and above... Premium doesn't have the LCD display

#11 ·
What LCD panel am I supposed to be missing on my Premium? From what I know I have everything except a few safety features.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.