Kia Cadenza Forum banner

Need New Timing Chain?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably Something Else (Please Comment)

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello Phillies and welcome!

There are many, many posts on cold start up noises or rattles (if you do the searches) some of them are lengthy discussions involving TSB's that have been issued and even updated up to 4 separate times for the one TSB related to the start up noise. Personally, I don't know if there actually is any correct answer to this problem that I recall reading about. Again, in my personal experience, once my car started the noise (which is not bad, some people had real problems as in engine shaking and everything which is something else not this topic) I did the 4th revision of the main TSB referencing this which ultimately did not fix my issue and the cold start up 2-4 second noise still persists to this day. It doesn't really bother me as I think the car is fine and there is no damage being caused. I could go into a lot more detail but I recommend you taking a couple hours and research for yourself through the forum and gain your own conclusions. I can elaborate later if you'd like or maybe answer some questions from my understanding of this issue.

Reactions: SPIdEniN

·
Registered
286 Posts
My 2015 has had the "2 second rattle" since the day I bought it new, doesn't bother me, and have had no issues, at 55K miles now.
Same with me and I'm at 76K miles now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts