Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Storm Springs from Karbon Koncepts a month ago and had them installed over the holidays. This is the first time I have compared the two pictures so you are seeing them when I am!

So...sorry the second picture is kinda crappy. You can really see the front has dropped. Hard to tell due to the angle on the rear. One thing, though, I measured the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the fender of all four tires. I will remeasure and see what the difference is. So far there are ~250 miles on the new springs.

Here is a before picture:

Here is the after picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
I get it but I don't. Lowering even a small amount, when the cars these days are already close to the ground as it is....bad road conditions, off road situations, even high water scenarios...Not to mention the stock suspension is really decent, I'd hate to mess with that or possible warrantee issues...

But it does look good!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks awesome! Thanks for posting the pictures!

Do you mind if I use them for the website?
I can get you some better pictures with my Canon instead of the cell phone. But feel free to use the pics in the post if you want.
I could try to get some good shots like these to use as a comparison if that helps. I might just do it soon anyways!

Very nice, looks good. Are you also planning on changing out your factory wheels as well?
I don't think the wheels look bad enough to spend a bunch of money on new ones. I do not ever want to clean them by hand again, but, a grand on rims/rubber isn't in the books for me.

I get it but I don't. Lowering even a small amount, when the cars these days are already close to the ground as it is....bad road conditions, off road situations, even high water scenarios...Not to mention the stock suspension is really decent, I'd hate to mess with that or possible warrantee issues...

But it does look good!
I had a friend of mine tell me "That **** looks like a 4x4!" when I asked about the ride height. I know he was joking, but there was some truth to how high it rides. There are a ton of Benz's, BMW's, Lexus, etc around here that have so much less wheel gap I had to make this ride look better with a small drop.

·
Registered
742 Posts
What someone else thinks of my wheel gap is their business...not mine. Additionally, the other cars you mentioned, their wheel gap is probably not as directly related to a stock drop, as it is different body styling that removes the look of the gap...since it's widely revered as a better look.

All I'm saying is, I don't know that it's all worth it for me to go down a mere half inch, just so someone else doesn't call my ride a 4X4

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What someone else thinks of my wheel gap is their business...not mine. Additionally, the other cars you mentioned, their wheel gap is probably not as directly related to a stock drop, as it is different body styling that removes the look of the gap...since it's widely revered as a better look.

All I'm saying is, I don't know that it's all worth it for me to go down a mere half inch, just so someone else doesn't call my ride a 4X4
Oh I dig it. I already thought it was stupid looking when I got the car and had planned on having it lowered a little bit anyway. I didn't change it because one person said it looked bad. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts