Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock sub in my cadenza is pops on certain bass lines and while I do ultimately want to add more bass with some tens, I was wondering if anyone has found out how many amps the current amp is pushing to it. I know it is 2ohms and if I just purchased a nice 8" sub from amazon I don't want to overtax the stock amp.

I could always buy a separate amp to run the bass I suppose, just wondering if anyone knows what the stock sub pushes.

thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sub

I dont know the answer to your question, but I had looked into replacing the stock sub and was told that due to its basically free air design, you wont be able to get all that much bass from it. so i added a 10" JL audio power wedge with a JL audio JX 500 1d. takes up very little space, and it sounds fantastic. added some low end to the system but does not overpower the highs. worked out very well for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone thought of.... Like most products put out for consumer use, the product is de-tuned. So has anyone tried a tune? I have and you wouldn't believe the results. Here is some free advice for you android users. Root your phone, and download a high quality sound processor; viper4android http://vipersaudio.com. If anyone wants I will send my sound profile for Bluetooth that I have tuned and spend many hours perfecting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I dont know the answer to your question, but I had looked into replacing the stock sub and was told that due to its basically free air design, you wont be able to get all that much bass from it. so i added a 10" JL audio power wedge with a JL audio JX 500 1d. takes up very little space, and it sounds fantastic. added some low end to the system but does not overpower the highs. worked out very well for me.

This sounds like an awesome idea. Thanks! Although, i think the optimas stock subs pound way harder than ours. .. being the same type of design, wonder why the more "premium" cars (our cadenzas) stock sub lacks the kick. :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts