Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start working on a lower grille insert, I'll be using the materials in the video from customcargrills.com ,,,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I08az7uAJMI ,,,, let me know what you guys think ????? Once I finish I'll get some photos for you. I'll be using the black painted Leveled Diamond Style.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm going to start working on a lower grille insert, I'll be using the materials in the video from customcargrills.com ,,,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I08az7uAJMI ,,,, let me know what you guys think ????? Once I finish I'll get some photos for you. I'll be using the black painted Leveled Diamond Style.
awesome! I have the black and would love this in the silver for both the upper and lower grille; do you plan to make a one off for your vehicle or perhaps a small business for other owners? I'd definitely be interested!
thanks; and can't wait to see the results; good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I finished the mock up tonight, materials are on the way. It may take a week or so to do it the right way clean,,, also because I decided to incorporate angled DRLs infront of it // to the right and left of it. I'll take some photos when I finish. I'm trying to match the OEM grille by using the XXL diamond layered style in powdercoat with black gloss. I ordered extra materials and using the template I can make more in black if anyone wants one let me know.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CADENZA LOWER GRILLE INSERT WITH CUSTOM DRLs

I got home tonight about 11pm ,,, saw everything already made it here through the mail. SO GAME ON. I finished by 3am. Here's the photos guys ,,,, I'm lovin' it.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys,, I appreciate the feedback. Everything I used except the LEDs came from CUSTOMCARGRILLS.COM ( MATT SPARKS ) // You can go to the webpage or call / e-mail him. [email protected] // phone: 616-889-2985. Obviously he is all about business. I can't freakin believe how fast he shipped to me and the quality of the items. I was very impressed. The LEDs are just generic, I actually bought two sets of them in case one should die out or smashed by a rock or something. ( They are supposed to be rated over 100,000 hours ) I just bid on E-bay for them. Oh and that stuff you are seeing around the grill is grill trim that also came from CUSTOMCARGRILLS.COM as well. It's called XXL grill trim. If you guys need anything from me let me know. I have extra materials in the Black powder coat / Gloss and I have a template if you need one. I also have the wiring diagram for the lights. Anything you need just let me know I'd be glad to help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was driving last night, and someone obviously didn't like the new hyper white DRL LEDs,,, they hit me with their brights, So with the way I have mine wired I hit my brights too ( My added LED fogs don't turn off :) So I hit them with both low and high beams, as well as the DRLs and the LED fogs - They pulled off the side of the road till I went past them. I don't drive around like that, I've been just running the DRLs in the daytime ( AUTO ), and at night DRL and low beams, I'll kick the fogs on if I need to, or want to show the car off.

·
Registered
65 Posts
T-LAMBDA - Nice look on the lower grille!
What is behind the two dark plastic pieces in the lower grille? I thought our radar for adaptive cruise control was down there. If it is, no issues with the grille covering those?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GizmoPDX ,,, If you are facing the car, there is a sensor on the very far left corner at the bottom. I brought the lights in a bit and intentionally cut the grill material as so the open diamond pattern was around the sensor port. It doesn't cause any issues. Also these DRLs are only 6 watts and produce absolutely no heat.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I've got a few new projects working on the car again. I switched to the other car ( 2013 Sonata Limited Turbo ) for a while, ( mostly working on performance ) now jumping back to the Cadenza. Current projects are a rear power station with 2 xUSB, 2 x12V, and 2 x110V plugs. One of each on each side for the rear passenger. - These will be located behind the arm rest in the black ABS panel. Also working on some custom stuff now with the rear tail lights. Starting to see some cool stuff in the design phases with vendors based in Korea and China. Once I finish I'll get some pics up. Hope you all had a good 4th, sorry I've been offline so long.

·
Registered
186 Posts
FYI, this is for Texas, you cannot have more than four forward facing lights. Check your local statutes.

(d) Not more than four of the following may be lighted at one time on the front of a motor vehicle:
(1) a headlamp required by this chapter; or
(2) a lamp, including an auxiliary lamp or spotlamp, that projects a beam with an intensity brighter than 300 candlepower.

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/extLi...s.state.tx.us/Docs/TN/htm/TN.547.htm#547.3215

·
Registered
146 Posts
300 candlepower lmao i love texas. :laugh

Reactions: MacDogg

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Does anyone know if Lambda still frequents the site. I would love to get that template.
I am not sure if he is, I sent him a PM about paying him to build a lower grill insert for me. My attempts have turned out... less than impressive. :(

I'm just not an engineer I guess.

Would really like to get one built, or a template to help with building one.

-Scynthyace

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am not sure if he is, I sent him a PM about paying him to build a lower grill insert for me. My attempts have turned out... less than impressive. :(

I'm just not an engineer I guess.

Would really like to get one built, or a template to help with building one.

-Scynthyace
I agree, I could do all the work myself but would love to have the template as I imagine that would be the most time consuming part. I may go ahead and move forward with purchasing material anyway and give it a shot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts