Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading up somewhere else, that PCV valve should be replaced around 50-60k miles on most cars. I've replaced them on other cars, haven't even thought about it on the Cadenza. Anyone else done it yet? I know on some cars it's a chore to get to it, in that it's usually covered by something. Any insight before I go digging in the wrong place...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to scope that out on the car...actually looks likes it's on the drivers side of the motor, does that sound right?

·
Registered
796 Posts
As someone who isn't super into the mechanics of my car (I changed my own brake pads for the first time a few weeks ago!) what is this and why isn't part of our car's normal maintenance?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a vent valve essentially, get's positive crankcase vapors out of the top of the motor (inside the valve covers) but doesn't let air back in.

They get stuck over time as there is usually a buildup of motor oil in them. Stuck closed it can cause a rough idle or even blow seals. I think stuck open isn't a big deal, but then it's breathing more then it is venting. Not an expensive part, but on a lot of transverse FWD engines, it's hard to get to them so labor can rack up for something so simple in the long run. My thinking was i'm over 67k miles, would like to just swap it out now, instead of waiting for it to cause problems.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I"m going to find it this weekend, and if it looks easy enough i'll order the part. I'll take some pictures once I discover it. Such a rare car no-one on the forum has replaced it yet is my guess. You go to a Nissan or GM forum, there are probably 30 threads on the PCV valve replacement....

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I couldn't find it. Based on actual pictures of the PCV, knowing i had to follow hoses to the top of the motor, i just couldn't seem to find it anywhere. I gave up. Will look for it another day. Next time i'm at the dealership I'll ask around see if they are willing to offer a pointer or two

·
Registered
96 Posts
@MadMax , did you ever find that PCV valve? Have you changed it yet and at what mileage? How many miles are you up to now? I'm over 72 now and this has crossed my mind. Thanks

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was someone that posted videos of the full repair. IT's back behind the motor, he had to take off a bit to get there...videos should still be on the forum...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts